RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, I am a new to Ranger Rovers. I just bought my 2012 Sport HSE. I am advised to change the thermostat to a low temp thermostat. Highly obliged for any guidance and suggestions.
My model is 2012 Range Rover Sport HSE and it has 37K miles. it is certified preowned.

1. Has anyone done this before and what is your experience.
2. Is there a recommended OEM part (low temp thermostat ), if so what are the details.
3. What is the recommended temp using the low temp thermostat
4. Do you know any contacts in Central New Jersey who could do this. BTW, would it violate any certified warranty guidelines.
5. What is the cost for the part and suggested labor
6. Anything else I should know before i venture to do this.

Highly appreciate any pointers, notes on 2012 RRS HSE.

Thanks to all the experienced gurus out there for your time.

Thanks,
Vad

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
In response to questions 1-6, who told you that you need a low temp thermostat? if they have knowledge that you need such a part they should be able to install it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He is good friend of mine who has done it on his BMW 7 series and has it for more than 5 years now. He thinks it may be a good idea to do this for RRS and suggested I take guidance from this forum, hence the question. Thank you !

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
7 seried BMW would be in reference to the L322 model of Range Rover and has nothing to do with an L320. I would advice keeping your "good friend" away from your rig if he dioesn;t even know the difference between a BMW engine and engineering and Jaguar engineering.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Appreciate your time. He is really a good friend of mine and his intentions are to help, hence he suggested to check in this forum. I take from your response, that I should not worry about it now. Frankly my knowledge is very limited in general and particularly on this truck. Again thank you for your advise.

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
Nah, no need to worry at all.Once you start messing with thermostats you run into issue with mapping temps etc... just maintain your radiator and the rest of the cooling system and it won;t let you down.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you Sir. Appreciate. anything else as a first timer that I should pay attention to ? I am trying to educate myself thru this forum as much as possible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts