RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem in my car Range Rover 2002, when I put the transmission in
Low Range, shows me an alert to keep the transmission in normal mode and the sound still
releasing
please tell me how can I solve this proplem?

·
Registered
86 Posts
A big hammer... `) ...Joking aside, my '02 had the same issue...Shift into low range and it would just sit there and beep at me...But nothing would happen...Mind you though, my Range has been a city rig for half of its life(Executive lease), so I assumed, they never used it offroading...If you look under your truck, mounted next the transfercase, there's a shift silenoid that is used to switch out high to low range and visa-versa...What I did to resolve my problem was to remove electrical connector, give it a good cleaning with WD-40 then reinstalled...This is where the hammer comes into play...Gently tap on the side of the silenoid a few times...Then get back in your rig and try to engage low range...You should hear a beeping sound, then a loud click(silenoid engaging)...Then your message will read low range engaged...I had to do this a few times, but the silenoid did eventually start working...My guess is that it never gets used and it just sticks really bad...That's why at least once a week, I will just shift into low range and back a few times to keeps things from binding...Hope that helps... :thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts