Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

let me tell you this story ; Afriend of mine just bought days ago a nice supercharged (06 model ) with 58K km from an LR dealer ;

He drives it back home , all is fine .

Yesterday , after the truck was left idle for 2 days , he invites me for a ride and lunch to a seaside restaurant as i had helped him in his search for the vehicle and participated in its selection ; Off we go , and my friend just tells me that we need to go to the gas staion as the dealer actually delivered the car with a very minimum amount of gas .
The dial shows a low tank , but the light is not on , and the denso shows 84 km autonomy to go .
So he hands me over the keys and off we go to the next gas station of his choice , about 15 km further .

As its not my car , i am driving very cautiously as i want it to get in temp , and anyway postpones the driving test for after refueling ; So we hop on the highway , and then we have a hill to climb after 5 km and

1/ at about 100Km/h , in the slope , engine revving around 2000 rpm the gearbox selects twice the under speed ;
2/ then the power is lost and engines revs go down to 1200 and lower , so i pull over .
3/ Then on message board , A/V deactivated , then Engine in failsafe mode .
4/ the engine dies ;

So after a few minutes we start again in the engine and the revs wont go over 1200 rpm , and car wont leap more than 20 meters , still on the slope , so we just take the truck up about 50 meters to really stand on the side of the highway in the grass for security ;

We had the truck lifted on o tow truck and off to the LR dealer .
Got a courtesy car and off drive back ;

just let me say that my friend drove about 80 km in total only from the truck delivery , that alarm lamp for petrol was not active , although it was functionning as it lighted upon firing the engine .

So on the phone the LR mechanic calls back to us in the afternoon and states that the computer showed only low petrol pressure fault and that we should have refilled earlier .

my question is
1/ did it happen to any of you guys ?
2/ is it just a question of gauges not functionning , or being badly calibrated ?
3/ should we push the dealer to test the petrol pump further ?

Thanks in advance for your valuable input . `)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: low petrol in tank and the supercharged engine did cut off

Thanks for these answers ,

Funnily enough with my older 4.4L 02 Model i already have driven with much less petrol than this supercharged without experincing these symptoms ;
probably they have changed the security limits in the 06 models for the supercharged engine .

anyway i think some calibrating is needed on this supercharged gauge ...

thanks again

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Mazny thanks Ddesbiens .

Can RRPhil or Dan -Uk tell me if they kbnow there was a TSB on the fuel sender for a july 2005 RRC supercharged ??

Jaybear

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

My friend did about 800Km this week end going to the alps and back and suffered 3 times the powerloss during the week end !!!!

And this time the petrol tanks were full or half full !!!

In reading the website for the RRSport , with the same supercharged engine we found that

http://www.rangerovers.net/rrsportremed ... #powerloss

which is exactly what happened .

Does any of you guys had recently same experience ?,
How did the LR service dealt with it ??

Jaybear

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.