RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was driving me quietly mad; deep breathing and a zen-like attitude seemed to be the only solutions.

I had checked the level many times; it seemed correct and to level. Perhaps I hadn't researched that enough. I feel a bit of a goose now but others may benefit from this.

Should the level be checked with the ABS accumulator full; that is, after the engine's been running for a bit and the ABS pump has stopped whirring away?

Anyway I had the car serviced, mainly to keep up its complete service record. I do almost everything else on the car myself. My mechanic simply topped up the reservoir; now with the car cold the level is about half way up the moulded tube inside the reservoir.

Message gone!

·
Super Moderator
2,197 Posts
As it says in the owners handbook, turn the ignition on to cause the pump to run then check the level after it has stopped then fill to the Max line. The level will rise after the pump stops and fluid in the accumulator drains back to the reservoir so should show above the Max line. Your Low Brake Fluid warning was telling you just that, your brake fluid level was low.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts