RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love my 08' RR SC - what kind of city milage are you getting...?

Truck runs great. Joy to drive. Quiet, fast, love it - - - -but gas milage seems rather low in daily Pentagon/Beltway commute. Is 10 mpg city about average??? Am not running A/C on - can't imagine hot weather city driving! Maybe I just have not figured out the MPG display system yet. I put 10 gallons of 93 octane in it last night and honestly seems to get LESS gas milage??? Admittedly I use the Sport mode every now and then:^) Have not had a good road trip yet, but might this weekend - driving from Fairfax VA to Irwin, PA via RT 70, 76 etc. - 4hrs each way.

Mar

·
Registered
38 Posts
Re: Love my 08' RR SC - what kind of city milage are you getting...?

I do mostly short trips around Reston/Herndon, which I know kills mileage, and the daily run to Ashburn (preschool). and the computer has me pegged at 13.7mpg. Winery weekends I see as high as 17-18 if I keep it under 70 on 66. I can imagine if you are doing a lot of beltway crawl that would really kill the mileage.

I

·
Registered
32 Posts

I'm getting 10.5 mpg (according to the computer) in town through pretty constant traffic, with occasional spirited bursts.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

...yes, spirited bursts in 'Sport' mode...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts