RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Last week while driving (about 35 MPG, & 60 deg weather temp) I heard a very loud pop and then very loud air leak noise followed by steel grinding, while slowing down this happened again. I looked under, over, around, and didn't see anything unusual. The car still goes up and down when I press the suspension lower/lift buttons and there are no warning lights on.
Has anyone had this issue or does it sound familiar to you? any advise/comment is appreciated
thanks

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
what year is your rig? if your EAS still works it would not be a bladder failure and there is nothing in the EAS system that would cause a metallic grinding sound. Even if your compressor snapped it's piston, it would simply seize... then your EAS would not be operational.

Very odd circumstances.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I have a 2011 RR sport.

If by EAS still works, meaning the system still rises and lowers when button is pressed, the yes, it still works.
However the car used to lower when I put it into park/turned it off, and rise to 'normal' level when I started it, (it seemed like a convenience option for easy access and exit)
The car hasn't done this for about a year now

1 - 3 of 3 Posts