RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently a loud knocking sound benith my drive/gear stick occurs when accelerating under pressure but only in lower gears,
For example when accelerating up a hill or having to put my foot down to pull out on a roundabout.
Otherwise the car is preforming just fine and has just past its MOT.
My Range Rover is a Td6 Vogue

·
Administrator
27,800 Posts
Couple this spring to mind. First would be a broken exhaust mount casing the exhaust to hit something. Another possibility would be a busted engine mount. Under heavy acceleration the torque with cause the entire engine to lift/shift on one side thus every thing attached to the engine is lifting out of alignment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the comments. The sound literally comes from between the two front seats and does not happen in higher gears so unsure if either of these suggestions would be the problem.
Aster a little reading on my side I wonder if it could be the transfer box chain slipping?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had a friend take it out and they seem to think the same as you. Sadly it was dark and wet so a further inspection is still required. But they do not think its anything to do with the gearbox which I'm happy to hear :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts