RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,
So I just purchased a used 2015 supercharged v8 recently and I have this loud humming/vibrating noise coming from the rear, under the trunk area. It is most prominent when hitting the gas and accelerating (especially from a stop) and then right when you let go of the gas after accelerating and do not press the brakes. Doesn't matter if the car has been just turned on or running for a while. Once you get to a cruising speed and keep the pressure on the gas pedal consistent the noise pretty much disappears. If you accelerate again to go faster the noise comes back. I've heard it all the way up to about 100km/h. It’s also 2 different pitches, deeper sounding when you let go of the gas. I’ve taken it in to my dealer and they have not figured it out yet. When they first heard it, they thought it might be the heat shield, but after checking the heat shield they said it’s not the issue. Then eventually they said the noise was caused by something loose in the muffler boxes, so they replaced them. Unfortunately, that didn’t fix it and the sound is now getting louder. Im taking it back in so they can check it again. Just wondering if anybody had a similar issue or if anybody could provide some opinions on what they think it might be. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts