RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends: I have 2007 RR Sport HSE. Recently, the fan noise became very loud at acceleration. I researched the problem and found the most likely culprit was the fan clutch failing. I replaced it and now the problem is worse! Fan noise is very loud on acceleration and power is decreased. I also notice that fuel mileage has decreased. I read somewhere that these symptoms could be the result of an exhaust leak. Any experience or insight into my problem? Many thanks.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,461 Posts
Check your thermostat...maybe sticking...causing the fueling/air mixture to run richer...easy to evaluate.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Get some one to read the faults, the fan will signal a fault due to electrical issues with the harness to the fan or other, and
this doesn't always turn the check engine light on. Scan it for faults first.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Friends: I have 2007 RR Sport HSE. Recently, the fan noise became very loud at acceleration. I researched the problem and found the most likely culprit was the fan clutch failing. I replaced it and now the problem is worse! Fan noise is very loud on acceleration and power is decreased. I also notice that fuel mileage has decreased. I read somewhere that these symptoms could be the result of an exhaust leak. Any experience or insight into my problem? Many thanks.

Hello,

I have a 2017 Range Rover sport HSE that I leased 11/17. I began using the A/C summer 2018 and I had loud fan noises and loss of power. I brought it to one dealer and said they were unable to reproduce noise. This summer I brought it to another dealer. I pulled into the service center and the representative immediately heard noise and he said it’s your fan stuck in high. Three days later they told me my car was ready and that they replaced the fan. A couple of weeks later I brought it back a second time and they said it was the computer. I drove away and it happened again. I brought it back a third time making the same exact noise and frequency and loss of power and they denied that there was a problem.
Ughhhj!!!!

I love the car but hate this problem and the lack of help by the dealers. What happened to your car?

Thanks,

William

1 - 4 of 4 Posts