RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
Joined
·
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, new issue I need to ask about.

For 2 weeks now, my cooling fan has been fully engaged. It's so loud around town ( 10-40 mph, 1300-3500RPMs) , I can't even talk on the phone. It doesn't matter if the a/c is on, cold start, driving for 1/2 hour to 5 hours it is just loud, as loud as a 18-wheeler when it engages the cooling fan. I brought it to the dealer twice now, they engaged it via the computer, and they said " it's slow engaging& disengaging at an idle but it's working as designed " and they have no clue what is going on, but they can hear it. They have called LRNA, with no resolution as of yet. It's getting very annoying fast......

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this....

Thanks!
 

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
Joined
·
4,469 Posts
Stuck open thermostat?
 

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
Joined
·
5,175 Posts
Hey I thought you lemon lawed this thing?

or didn't they let you?
 

·
Banned
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
Joined
·
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PJPR01 said:
Stuck open thermostat?

It's going in again tomorrow for them to look at all the sensors, and " laundry list of other things" from what I was told today.
 

·
Banned
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
Joined
·
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gooseyloosey said:
Hey I thought you lemon lawed this thing?

or didn't they let you?

No they fixed the vibration problem in the frontend. They replaced the transfer case and all vibrations were gone.
 

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
Joined
·
808 Posts
RoverfreakNH said:
OK, new issue I need to ask about.

For 2 weeks now, my cooling fan has been fully engaged. It's so loud around town ( 10-40 mph, 1300-3500RPMs) , I can't even talk on the phone. It doesn't matter if the a/c is on, cold start, driving for 1/2 hour to 5 hours it is just loud, as loud as a 18-wheeler when it engages the cooling fan. I brought it to the dealer twice now, they engaged it via the computer, and they said " it's slow engaging& disengaging at an idle but it's working as designed " and they have no clue what is going on, but they can hear it. They have called LRNA, with no resolution as of yet. It's getting very annoying fast......

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this....

Thanks!
I notice this only when starting up in the morning, and it's gone in 100 feet...
 

·
Banned
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
Joined
·
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well after 2 days of being at the dealer, they are replacing the water pump, T-stat, t-stat sensor and Fan viscis clutch, tomorrow after they recieve parts in the morning.
 

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
Joined
·
5,175 Posts
RoverfreakNH said:
Well after 2 days of being at the dealer, they are replacing the water pump, T-stat, t-stat sensor and Fan viscis clutch, tomorrow after they recieve parts in the morning.
They're not replacing the fan, radiator and expansion tank while they're at it?
 

·
Banned
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
Joined
·
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gooseyloosey said:
RoverfreakNH said:
Well after 2 days of being at the dealer, they are replacing the water pump, T-stat, t-stat sensor and Fan viscis clutch, tomorrow after they recieve parts in the morning.
They're not replacing the fan, radiator and expansion tank while they're at it?

Not that I know of lol.... but who knows with my beast.... He ( the beast) is a parts whore. :lol:

They also updated the ABS software, entertainment software, and body control ECU ....

I told them, while they at it , might as well do the 30K service 500 miles early, so I don't have to go back there next week.
 

·
Banned
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
Joined
·
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I got my beast back. He's all quiet again, Viscous fan and Clutch replaced, T-stat and Temp sensor at the T-stat ( so I'm told). :thumb: :thumb:
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top