RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a rr sc 2007

i feel like the a/c compressor is much louder than it was when i first bought the car
when the ventilation system is on with no a/c it is quiet

as soon as i turn on the a/c there is low level dull roar that comes from the engine area - it gets worse with low level acceleration -
of course at high speeds i cannot here it because its low enough to drowned by the engine revving
also if i turn the fan up its drowned out but i cannot have max fan on all the time

when i shut the a/c off - its perfect silence again
has anywho else had this loud compressor issue.
the noise also cycle with a/c on - i guess as compressor cycles on and off??
will the dealer change it out pretty easily.
i know it cools fine but the noise is too much for me.

i had a loaner lr3 - no sig change in noise level when a/c turned on

·
Registered
2007 HSE
388 Posts
I have same issue on my 2007 HSE. Dealer has ordered replacement compressor and will be replacing under warranty.

I could hear the compressor at low speeds, the sound seemed to sort of spool-up as engine RPMs increased.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have the exact same issue with my AC compressor on my 2007 HSE. The dealer replaced the compressor once, but I am still getting the same roar. The dealer is ordering another compressor again, but this time, they are on back order...

·
Registered
2007 HSE
388 Posts
I have not been near a dealer for awhile (since compressor was last replaced, but it still makes noise) but I found a helpful posting here re: the compressor noise and the need to adjust the tension of the belt.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39271&p=305264#p305264

I hope this helps (dealer could probably get it done quickly), and if it works for you, please post back.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I had the same issue until last week when I took my vehicle in for 37.5K service. When I mentioned about weird A/C noise in center console area, my S/A knew exactly what the problem was. Now my A/C runs so quiet and cold.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Yes, if it sounds like an rpm matched hum or whistle you likely have a bad belt or tensioner. Or the tensioner is in need of a bit of adjustment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts