RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one fault in the ECM, one fault in the TCM, four faults in the ATCM, one fault in the PBM, eight faults in the LCM, and 16 faults in the PAM.

ECM Fault is P0121-00

TCM Fault is U2023-86

ATCM Faults are as follows U0403-94, U0416-94, U0402-94, U0401-94.

PBM Fault is U0401-00

Truck was fine, then all of a sudden a bunch of dings and fault messages occurred.

I replaced the battery because it was 3 years old and voltage was a little weird.

I try and reset the codes with my reader and they keep coming back.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
473 Posts
You should post your year vehicle.
I recently put in a new battery and it wasn’t holding a charge properly. I had the store where I purchased it check. They replaced it with a new one. Just making the point that just because it’s new doesn’t necessarily mean it’s in proper condition. Follow the sticky at the top of the forum to assess your system, including your alternator.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
Put the year, and what model "reader" you're using.

Martin

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,194 Posts
You have at least a throttle position "A" sensor short to power code P-0121) and the rest are Can bus errors indicating a loss of communication with the various modules. Did anyone work on it immediately prior to these codes appearing?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You have at least a throttle position "A" sensor short to power code P-0121) and the rest are Can bus errors indicating a loss of communication with the various modules. Did anyone work on it immediately prior to these codes appearing?
Nope. I just started the car up in a parking lot and drove about 20 yards and then things went crazy. The codes above have been cleared and just come back. I am going to pull the tps sensor and bench test it.

My first thought was the battery crapped the bed, but a new battery didn't resolve it. LCM and PAM also each have faults.

So it seems like I have two issues. The TPS which makes sense because the rover is missing and running like crap. Secondly, there is an issue with modules communicating so maybe a break in a wire or something? Could it be a brake light switch? What about an abs sensor? Those are the other two things that I have read about that could cause the xmas lights on the dash. I also have hdc fault, engine fault, transmission fault limited gears. These are the codes associated with these issues correct?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,194 Posts
Thats why I asked if anything had been done, maybe some connector got unplugged and only halfway reconnected, or it was partially connected but not locked and just came apart when these codes popped up.

ABS problems, and this includes loss of any of the 4 wheel speed sensors, usually involves the shutdown of the ABS and HDC and traction control systems and the suspension system will not change height and the message center will have a message that says vehicle lowering as you start driving off accompanied with a couple of dings from the warning chime in the dash. It never reaches access height, but the lights on the manual EAS control knob all go out and the knob does nothing. The PAM can probably be ignored for this issue. I've only had speed sensor problems in mine and never got a transmission faulted message along with the 3 amigos (ABS, HDC and traction control) along with no speedometer or odometer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I will start with the TPS. Does anyone know how to test the TPS? The manual really doesn't touch on it .

Also, I checked the voltages and the battery is good and I am getting 13.8 from the alternator.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts