RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I dropped my key and it went under the passenger seat and into an opening which I couldn't reach. It then made a clink clink noise and fell ever deeper when I was driving. Needless to say - can't reach it. Can anyone give me a tip how to remove the plastic rail cover I picture 3 so I don't break the clip? Tks
PS - I'll be plugging the holes with rags or something to make sure it doesn't happen again as I'm sure I'll be dropping the key again.....:-?

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Does your key have a keyring on it? Maybe try a coat hanger??

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope. The key is so far down in the hole you can't even see it. What's more is that are 2 possible "holes" under the seat so I don't know which one it's in.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so i got the covers off - kinda tricky as they clip and lock... anyhow, removed the seat and there is absolutely no way to find the key. the holes are like bottomless pits.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,917 Posts
catch the next jet smoking to china, thats where your key went.
Otherwise find an android phone camera cable about 20.00,
plug into your phone then feed the camera/cable into the opening and find the key

·
Registered
389 Posts
Oh man..that sucks! Have you ask workshop yet?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh man..that sucks! Have you ask workshop yet?
Took the seat out but no luck. By the time they (I'm not messing with trim work etc) remove the sill plate and console trim to remove the carpet to get to the holes, etc., etc.... it's probably cheaper to get a new key and have it and the spare reprogrammed. Guessing you would have to do that if you can bc the car still starts with the lost one trapped in the car.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can you lock it even if there is a key inside?
Can lock it only with the spare key. You can start it with no spare as the key is under the seat. I do worry about the lost key always being in the car as it might run the battery down by not letting the computer "sleep"???

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts