RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had a new passenger window installed thanks to some degenerate smashing it, however, once the glass shop was complete I've lost some functionality.

1. Central locking on that door no longer works. You can manually lock/unlock but the centre console button nor the keyfob control it. All other doors work
2. Automatic up/down for that window no longer works.
3. Side view mirror tilt when reversing on that side no longer works.

The shop is baffled, assures me everything is connected. Thinking it might be a BCM lockout thing when it detected the disconnection. Anyone have ideas? I have an IIDTool if it'll help.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
54 Posts
Something electrical is not reconnected. Thats all that can explain this. Have them get back in there and check the connections. Are you saying you can manually use the electric window switch and it takes the window up and down?

I recently had a new passenger window installed thanks to some degenerate smashing it, however, once the glass shop was complete I've lost some functionality.

1. Central locking on that door no longer works. You can manually lock/unlock but the centre console button nor the keyfob control it. All other doors work

The shop is baffled, assures me everything is connected. Thinking it might be a BCM lockout thing when it detected the disconnection. Anyone have ideas? I have an IIDTool if it'll help.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Is the mirror adjustment selection switch on the door switched to the passenger side window? Thats what controls the passenger mirror dipping on reverse.

If the window controls got disconected you may just have to relearn the auto up down sequence. Open the window, hold the open switch down for about 5 seconds after the window hits full open, then close the window and hold the switch up for 5 seconds after it fully closes, that should reset the open close feature.

No idea on the remote locking unlocking part. Its obviously connected electrically if the center console button locks and unlocks it, but the signal is not getting there from the BCM (or CJB). Does the door unlock using the key? Does turning the key twice to unlock unlock all the doors? How about turning the key to lock, does it lock all the doors?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I agree with hunter. Someone needs to get back in there and check all the plugs.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
22 Posts
Check the inside of your door connector harness for rust/corrosion. That door isn't talking to the car anymore, and this may be why. See my response to this thread: https://www.rangerovers.net/forum/6-range-rover-mark-iii-l322/332396-where-does-line-connect.html#post2247370

1 - 6 of 6 Posts