RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 59 plate 5.0 supercharged range after having a new supercharger pulley fitted the car started up fine and drove off fine 3 minutes later the passenger side bank stopped firing on all four pots throwing loads of petrol out of that side exhaust any ideas ?

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
417 Posts
Hi, can you be a little more specific?
5.0 is direct injected, so it misting fuel right in to combustion chamber, not in to the ports before intake valves. Also, what do mean "side exhaust"? Only exhaust pipe outles are at the back of the vehicle. Please describe the situation a little better.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok so all four combustion chambers on one side are not firing and there is fuel coming out of the exaust
Hi, can you be a little more specific?
5.0 is direct injected, so it misting fuel right in to combustion chamber, not in to the ports before intake valves. Also, what do mean "side exhaust"? Only exhaust pipe outles are at the back of the vehicle. Please describe the situation a little better.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
611 Posts
ok so all four combustion chambers on one side are not firing and there is fuel coming out of the exaust
You have to look in one bank.
Complete bank is misfiring.
Not fuel pump, not mafs, not coils not sparks.....
I dont know your engine but i would check injectors and connections and also i know you have a second fuel pump mechanical maybe it is dying.
Check your fuel pressure and look at fuel trims.
If you have +20 long term fuel trim, you have fuel based problem not ignition

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
417 Posts
Hi. I think it is best if you try to read the codes, if there is any.
These injectors sometimes develope a leak and drip fuel in to combustion chamber.
From friendly LR Tech I heard that ECU will/can shut off a cylinder if it detects misfire or certain issues there.
It is very unlikely that all 4 injectors develope an issue, probably only 1, if you remove spark plugs - the one in problematic cylider will be wet.
What is really really strange - that this all was provoked by replacement of snout. Are you sure you did not damage any wiring etc while at it?
It is hard to make up a relation between these two things.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts