RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
I find it scary that they are going to allow OTA updates via mobile data. There's a good reason smartphone manufacturers force you to update via wi-fi.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
70 Posts
I assume this means you need to maintain your data plan with your carrier. My trial just expired. Guess I have to reinstate it.

I'll wait to hear how it goes with those willing to take the adventure.

·
Registered
2019 Range Rover Sport SCV8 ATB (L494)
183 Posts
I assume this means you need to maintain your data plan with your carrier. My trial just expired. Guess I have to reinstate it.

I'll wait to hear how it goes with those willing to take the adventure.
Doesn't seem to be true from the info released so far. Updates can be done via WiFi as well as cellular data.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
8 Posts
I am running 18D. I had my 17 RRS at the dealership this week. They told me 19C is out but is causing issues with the air suspension in some cases and they have stopped rolling it out. They claim in the next 30 days it will be addressed and new version will be available OTA. Who the hell knows...its frustrating that there is no single source of truth as it relates to such a critical component of the vehicle. This is what adds to the negative reputation of the vehicle.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
979 Posts
I am running 18D. I had my 17 RRS at the dealership this week. They told me 19C is out but is causing issues with the air suspension in some cases and they have stopped rolling it out.
19C! Do they have any actual info on it? TOPIx is only showing up to 19A2 at this point

ICTP-19A-to-19A2-fullboat.png

I can confirm it works in a 2017 Range Rover - get 19A, dealer turns on SOTA, you check for updates, install & done...

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
70 Posts
Are there release notes (besides TOPIx) per update so we know what they are attempting to correct by doing the install?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
979 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts