RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took on a new gig in addition to my normal duties and it looks like I might have to get a car with much better gas mileage. I love my truck but this thing sucks down dead dinosaurs like no tomorrow.

Anyone know what I could get for my wheels and tail lights? Putting on the stock tails and wheels today. Sigh.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,681 Posts
Put up an add in the classifieds iwth "best offer" or something to guage interest and pricing.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha! I actually test drove one. Afterwards I wanted to shoot myself while slitting my wrists. Unfortunately, I AM leaning towards a hybrid. I basically need a fairly luxurious appliance. I'll be spending a decent amount of time in the car so luxury touches are essential. I can't take THAT much of a step down from the RRS. Who knows, maybe after the lease is up on the hybrid, I'll find myself back in a newer RRS.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
The gas savings is really going to offset the costs involved with a new(ish?) car compared to your '06? I mean even with a severe downgrade, surely it can't be that bad. :(

·
Registered
135 Posts
You'll be back. :D Sorry you might have to go through a period without a Rover.

On a side note, I've got an 03 Taurus SES (24v version) that has 278,000+ miles on it and it still gets 27-30 on the highway. Cheap car to run and maintain and has lasted forever! It's pretty zippy with the "hotter" engine and is very comfortable for highway driving. I put about 1,400 miles a month on it now. (less than I used to) I've got the original engine, transmission, CV joints, and wheel bearings and have done nothing to it aside from regular service. You could probably pick one up for $4k or so and not have to sell your Rover. (A K&N filter added about 2mpg, and burning premium fuel adds about 3mpg.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts