RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to purchase a 1 yr old Range Rover HSE V6. I had a new X5 before this, had no issues with reliability in 3 yrs of ownership.I have heard stories regarding reliability on RR but still willing to go ahead as they are quite awesome.

I am based in California, the vehicle that I am considering purchasing has a warranty till 2022, another vehicle I am looking at is certified and has a warranty till 2023. In regards to an extended warranty from a Land Rover Dealer, when can I buy it (hoping as late as possible) and how much does it cost and Is there any deductible?

On another note looking at my spec sheet (from a contact at JLR), what does the following mean:

Ambient Lighting -2 (vehicle A) Configurable Ambient Lighting (vehicle B)

I am thinking vehicle A doesn't have Ambient lighting

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
12 Posts
There is no manufacturer extended warranty that a consumer can purchase. The only way to get manufacturer extended is through CPO program which dealer must initiate. Only extended warranty options are 3rd party, so read the fine print and make sure your service advisor is comfortable negotiating with them.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
45 Posts
they key is this.
make sure your mechanic accepts/ is in the network of the extended warranty that you'll be getting
my mechanic who's been working on RR for 31 years does all the repairs and submit the bills.
Before i purchased the extended warranty, i asked him for a list of all the 3rd party warranties that he works with and which one he recommends
i brought the list to my dealer and asked them to choose from that list.

i do the same for my other non land rover cars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts