RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, it seems that this is a complete forum and i would like your help on finding a cheap place to buy a remote key for my Range Rover. I already got one, but i need to make a backup in case something goes wrong. Thing is the price the official distributor asks in my country is way off. We're talking somewhat of 300 euros, which is way to much for a key.

So if you know of a place that will make the key for far less please let me know.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,725 Posts
300EU is really not that bad. Keep in mind that it has to be ordered through a dealer so that you have proper coding for alarm and BeCM. You can certainly get them cheaper on eBay, but if you want it to work, go to the dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seriously?300E for a piece of electronics that just unlocks your car is just fine? :shock: Anyway the reason i'm researching this, is cause i got word that you can indeed get one for as low as 150e by ordering it from abroad.

Of course i wasnt given any specifics nor did this person tell me to get it off ebay. So i naturally assumed that there must be an international reseller that gets them for this price. Is there no way to get it for that price from a reliable source?

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,491 Posts
I would suggest you to get a UK official dealer email adress. Those that do ebay sales have a great internet customer service.
Get your VIN and a scan of a proof of ownership of the vehicule, then get a quote there.
You may save 100 euros

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
One of this forum's members mentioned about 150US from his dealer. Our Cdn. dealer offered at about $500cdn. I know. 3rd world currency. :oops: So uk sounds like a better bet. Good luck. Although worn both are keys work after the refurbish kit. Have not tried the seat memory/mirror memory aspect of the keys.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I got one for you 1997 let me know if you still looking 4 one.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,725 Posts
hhaitian97 said:
I got one for you 1997 let me know if you still looking 4 one.
That's all fine and dandy, but it won't work on his rig. Used keys can not be programmed to another rig, that is why you buy them from the dealer.

·
Registered
43 Posts
A while ago i had to replace my damaged original BeCM with a used one (long story involves drowning) :( as a result i had to buy a new key which had to be sycronized with the new VIN number on the used BeCM. The workshop bought me a brand new key from Allmakes in UK for only 160Eur including the shipping cost to Bahrain and then i swapped the metal keys between the two and there you go.
The key set is fully functional (i.e. superlock) excepct for the seat/mirror memory.

P.S. Every now and then the used BeCM gives me wrong messages such as SRS, Airbag, Engine. So I should have bought a new one and paid a furtune I believe :think:

Mo

·
Registered
931 Posts
mohddeeb said:
A while ago i had to replace my damaged original BeCM with a used one (long story involves drowning) :( as a result i had to buy a new key which had to be sycronized with the new VIN number on the used BeCM. The workshop bought me a brand new key from Allmakes in UK for only 160Eur including the shipping cost to Bahrain and then i swapped the metal keys between the two and there you go.
The key set is fully functional (i.e. superlock) excepct for the seat/mirror memory.

P.S. Every now and then the used BeCM gives me wrong messages such as SRS, Airbag, Engine. So I should have bought a new one and paid a furtune I believe :think:

Mo
Why not reprogram the replacement BECM with your VIN number :?:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts