RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market to get a 2006 RRS s/c

I have CLK55, and trying to move to bigger car with same quality level.

Does anybody has any tips to look for?

is it reliable enough to get a used one w.o warranty?

I always hear reliable and electric issue with RR so I am trying to be little careful

please help me out here

thxs

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
129 Posts
All cars have issues.. I'm familiar with Merc having issues too. It comes down to being smart when you buy the car, having the right gut feeling from whom your purchasing, and being diligent in getting a preinspection done. I purchased my '06 w/ warranty.. it made me feel super comfy. However, that warranty is expiring now in July and although I'm a bit nervous I'm not really expecting too many gremlins.

This car drives smooth, is sexy and bad ass at the same time, nothing really compares to it in terms of fit and feeling. There are quite a few SUVs faster than my RRS Supercharged, there are some that are more technologically advanced.. but nothing really compares to the RRS. Its in its own league aesthetically.

Get one.. you will not be disappointed. 06'+ are the years from what I researched.. but finding one in warranty may be tough because they are all due to expire soon.

Good luck homey

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Alot : )

Did you buy your car through dealer or private?

I was looking at Elliot bay auto broker, but I dont have any experience nor review

so if you know please tell me about it'

and any safer place to get?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Recently bought an 07 SC from a wholesaler in Bellevue. Despite still having factory warranty, I ponied up for the extended warranty for peace mind. We'll see if the insurer is still viable when it's needed...

I'd recommend finding something that is as clean as you can find where it appears someone was clearly taking good care of it. Look beyond the lipstick and take a look at the little things.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I bought my 09 through Fleetrates.com. Very good experience. I would deal with them again, but may have burned a few bridges. They gave me an excellent price on my wifes 2010 QX56. It was 2k below invoice which my dealer would touch when we first spoke. I told them about the fleetrates offer and they beat Fleetrates price by $500.

Regardless of which way you are going to buy. Do your research and know what you are willing to pay then shop around. The cat at fleetrates was HEATED!!! but in the end of the day, it is my money that I am spending so if I can get the same vehicle for cheaper somewhere else...best believe I will do it.

·
Registered
318 Posts
schmittdoggy said:
Recently bought an 07 SC from a wholesaler in Bellevue. Despite still having factory warranty, I ponied up for the extended warranty for peace mind. We'll see if the insurer is still viable when it's needed...

I'd recommend finding something that is as clean as you can find where it appears someone was clearly taking good care of it. Look beyond the lipstick and take a look at the little things.
You should be able to tell within 5 minutes if a) a car has been repainted and b) if it has been beaten on. After these 5 minutes, you should also know whether you are serious or will walk away. The first one that I looked at was repainted AND the driver's seat leather was scratched to ****. I walked up to it, saw this, and got right back in my car. Don't get anxious and concede even if you get a lower price. The prices are lower for a reason.

I bought my '07 from my local dealer and it is fantastic shape. I tried to con them into giving me the original owner's phone # but they wouldn't do it. You'd be surprised how much you can learn from the prior owner. This guy kept immaculate service records and traded this one in on a '10 S/C. It was a 'no stories' car.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ukraine Range said:
You should be able to tell within 5 minutes if a) a car has been repainted and b) if it has been beaten on. After these 5 minutes, you should also know whether you are serious or will walk away. The first one that I looked at was repainted AND the driver's seat leather was scratched to Golly Gee Whiz. I walked up to it, saw this, and got right back in my car. Don't get anxious and concede even if you get a lower price. The prices are lower for a reason.
100% agree. It's pretty easy to see the ones that someone tried to put some lipstick on versus the ones that you can tell someone took good care of. I refused to test drive of the RRS I looked at and knew within 30 seconds that it was not well maintained or cared for. A wax/buff job can only go so far...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts