RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,783 Posts
BP Utah has a habit of not having things available that are in their eBay links. Their eBay listings are often muddled and have errors. For instance in the listing above they have part number CAB000040PMA in the body. The part number CAB000040PMA is actually the full kit for $1350... Not the end caps shown or as in the listing title.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
322 Posts
I taped mine on. When I fitted the roof rack I saw that they were a friction taper fit and just waiting to fall off on some back road somewhere!

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
52 Posts

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,783 Posts
I taped mine on. When I fitted the roof rack I saw that they were a friction taper fit and just waiting to fall off on some back road somewhere!
Warm them up with a hair dryer and slighty bend the sides in. When mounting put a dab of silicone caulking on each side. They will stay put yet still be easy to remove if necessary.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,783 Posts
please verify links when posting. It does no good to post a link when the item notation in the link says out of stock, no longer available or discontinued. If the link states "Genuine LR parts. Please allow 3 days..." You aren't going to get them. It is LR that says these pieces are obsolete. Obviously this means LRis no longer on contract with the plastics company that furnished them nor have they been for quite awhile.

The only hope for new obsolete parts is hoping some vendor finds an item on some dusty shelf and decides to sell it. Used is certainly an option but don;t be in a hurry.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
322 Posts
Warm them up with a hair dryer and slighty bend the sides in. When mounting put a dab of silicone caulking on each side. They will stay put yet still be easy to remove if necessary.
Nice - I'll try that next time I pull the cross-bars.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts