JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
Scotty was getting them made, so maybe shoot him an email

Martin

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
77 Posts
The original roof racks were made by "Safety Devices", tough to find and typically expensive if you do (think $2000 neighborhood).

A company called "Voyager" will make you one for about $1000, depending on model. I looked for quite a while for the Safety Devices model to no avail, before finding a used Voyager on Craigslist. The Safety Devices rack contours to the top a bit better than the Voyager but is a great rack. If you ride around with the sunroof open a lot though the air noise will increase substantially with a rack. I do not have an air deflector on the front of the rack though.

Best of luck with your hunt.

http://www.voyagerracks.com/P38VR.htm

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
2 Posts
@oldfishguy -- I've been doing a lot of looking around for a similar rack and the voyager seems to be the best bet. Do you need the factory rails/crossbars for install?

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
A true expedition rack, factory optioning or full aftermarket, is self contained and mounts direct to the channels in the roof trim. Anything that requires the factory rails and cross bars is nothing more than a lightweight basket with limited weight capacity in comparison.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
77 Posts
Well, check with the seller. A new one will include the clamps and hardware . . . a used one, well you never know. And to find used clamps would be almost as difficult as finding the used rack. So it would be best to buy everything in one package. The Safety Devices and Voyager racks are heavy duty metal tubed and could handle as much a load as you care to throw up there. And it installs in like 20 minutes, not kidding.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts