RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was searching for a hitch. There seem to be different hitches that they state will fit on my 2014 full sized. I picked up the one pictured first. I do not have the support bracket yet. I'm about to order it. It bolts onto the main bar. I read on another forum that you can not tow with these. Only for items such as bike racks and the like. I'm assuming that that opinion, if correct has to do with the frame being aluminum. It bolted right on with the same bolts that held the "crash bar" on. Will the addition of the support bracket make it eligible to tow with?
My confusion is that I then saw this other model in the second picture. It almost looks like they used the wrong photo. Unless they offer two options, but why would that be?
hitch2.jpg

Very confusing

·
Registered
Current: 2013 HSE l405
102 Posts
Thanks for posting this question. I ran across the same information two nights ago and was confused too.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I posted this in a FB group for L405s. He says what I purchased and installed was correct, but to make sure to add the support bracket which I'm searching for now. Not sure if it was just opinion or absolute knowledge. If I hear more, I'll pass it along. There is one on ebay right now including the bracket if you're looking. Shipping cost is huge though. I think he's in Minnesota.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I posted this in a FB group for L405s. He says what I purchased and installed was correct, but to make sure to add the support bracket which I'm searching for now. Not sure if it was just opinion or absolute knowledge. If I hear more, I'll pass it along. There is one on ebay right now including the bracket if you're looking. Shipping cost is huge though. I think he's in Minnesota.
I attached the instruction for the installation. hopefully useful for you.

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 7 of 7 Posts