RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Range Rover TDI HSE. I'm trying to find deployable running boards. There is a dealer that has a deal on some and they are for 2017 or newer. Can anyone tell why they won't work on a 2016? Also, I see some on eBay that come from China, I really don't want to do that option for obvious reasons. So if anyone have some suggestions I would love to hear them. I did do a search here before I posted but couldn't find much info. Thanks for any help you can give me.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
280 Posts
I have a 2016 Td6 - never use deployable running boards, wish you were closer....

·
Registered
667 Posts
I live in Los Angeles.
I have a 2014 with oem motorized running boards for 400 bucks picked up with the switch. The wiring harness is 30 bucks on eBay.uk call me I Pmed you.
they will work on your 2016 and I live in LA. 1.5 hours from you.

Mark

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
87 Posts
I have a 2016 Range Rover TDI HSE. I'm trying to find deployable running boards. There is a dealer that has a deal on some and they are for 2017 or newer. Can anyone tell why they won't work on a 2016? Also, I see some on eBay that come from China, I really don't want to do that option for obvious reasons. So if anyone have some suggestions I would love to hear them. I did do a search here before I posted but couldn't find much info. Thanks for any help you can give me.
I live in GA and I'm look for some as well. Who is your dealer and what are they asking for them? I have a '17.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Hey everyone, I sold my running boards. The guy picked them up this am.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, we had a deal and agreed on a price and told you that I’m coming to get them and then you sell them to someone else. So un cool, I believe in karma and I hope you get yours ten fold.

·
Registered
667 Posts
My last post on this.
1. Yes we talked 4 or 5 days ago.
2. Yes you said you wanted them.
3. No, you never made a specific date to come get them. You said I will contact you within the next few days.
4. No you didn’t offer a deposit or offer to pay for them.
5. So with how many flakes (10-15) over the past year who’ve blown me off and a year of trying to sell them,of course I was going to take the first cash buyer that showed up.
6. I got a call this am, someone was in my neighborhood and had cash. He wanted to meet in 20 minutes. I agreed, he paid a guaranteed done deal.
7. You stated you wanted to look at them b/c one of the connection points had broken off. How did I know you wouldn’t have walked away? So hold them for a maybe? Lose out on a guaranteed buyer? Or sell them to a guaranteed buyer? Please realize this is life. I put non refundable deposits on stuff I want everyday even with the risk of scammers.
8. Without a deposit, anything for sale to the public is first come first served.
9. Time to move on.

Now what’s interesting is that I have another brand new set from my 2020 full size I just bought. But if you want to air our laundry publicly, I’m sure they will go quicker to someone other than you, than the first set and they are basically brand new... but ok, We can keep our disagreements public.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts