RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or similar, however i would like to do 24 inch wheels this time. I wish stormers came in a 24 inch fitament...i would get them right away any sugestions? Looking for a similar wheels as the stormer in terms of price. TIA -Rob

·
Registered
405 Posts
Re: Looking for another set of wheels that look like stormers

Gazellio said:
Oh deary dear :pray:
The British soccer stars are all driving Lincoln Navigators with 24s. Glad to see we are importing our good taste to the motherland. `)

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts

Our resident wheel vendor Peter Lee @ Wheel Experts probably has something in stock you would like... Here is a thread from a while back w/ pictures he posted, those 24s look like "Stormers w/ lips", somewhat: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=32494

Look how tiny those Brembos look inside that vast emptiness! :lol:

D

·
0 Posts

I think you should stay away form the 24", but that is up to you.

Check these out

Available in a 10" X 22"

Available in a 10" X 22"

and

Available in a 10.5" X 21"

·
Registered
127 Posts

i'm getting these in white and black

Attachments

·
Registered
1,119 Posts

texige said:
Gazellio said:
The British soccer stars are all driving Lincoln Navigators with 24s. Glad to see we are importing our good taste to the motherland. `)
British Soccer Stars are laughed at throughout the land as far as car taste and Pimping their rides goes!!!!

Pimping a quality car with 24" wheels indicates lack of class to most people over here. :roll:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Gazellio said:
texige said:
Gazellio said:
British Soccer Stars are laughed at throughout the land as far as car taste and Pimping their rides goes!!!!

Pimping a quality car with 24" wheels indicates lack of class to most people over here. :roll:
so if stormers came in a 24 inch fitment you would laugh at them??? I think a 24 inch stormer would look great!!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts

Not to me. Sorry.

Here's a real good looking LM (IMO):

·
Registered
1,119 Posts

Stevemfr said:
Not to me. Sorry.

Now that's my kind of car :thumb: :dance: :thumb: :dance: :thumb: :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts

I want one of those racks with the Driving Lamps just for my annual ski trips - where do I get one and can the lamps be temporary wired??

·
Registered
405 Posts

Stevemfr said:
Not to me. Sorry.

Nice!!! :thumb:

Cribs has ruined peoples taste.

D

·
0 Posts

Stevemfr said:
Not to me. Sorry.

The only thing wrong with this photo, is that it is not my driveway in the photo and I am not the owner.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
211 Posts

The guy before me had 24s on it and I can tell it was rubbing. I think 22s with not-so-low profile tires could look decent and not look overkill. I was thinking about getting the 22" Gunmetal Stormers with nice thick tires but then I saw a few pictures and thought the 20" suppercharged wheels would look best.

·
Registered
266 Posts

I saw an expedition rack the other day and am now trying to justify another loss of fuel economy. The Goodyears and 18" wheels dropped mpg by 2-3, even on highway.

Can you at least justify the 24's with better fuel economy?

·
Registered
2,465 Posts

noname said:
I saw an expedition rack the other day and am now trying to justify another loss of fuel economy. The Goodyears and 18" wheels dropped mpg by 2-3, even on highway.

Can you at least justify the 24's with better fuel economy?
No, much more rotating mass. Terrible ride, silly appearance! You spend all the money on giant wheels, tires with almost no side wall, and you basically ruin the rig. Ghetto fabulous!

·
Registered
266 Posts

I'm not sure about the amount of rotating mass, although there is a shift in the distance of the mass from the axis of rotation.
I'm also not sure whether a reduction in the rolling resistance might translate into reduced fuel consumption.

(I get the ugly, useless part - I'm the guy who found OEM 18" wheels on the UK eBay and imported them to get smaller, not bigger, wheels, but the OP didn't ask for my opinion.)

·
Registered
1,410 Posts

brad s1 said:
Terrible ride, silly appearance! You spend all the money on giant wheels, tires with almost no side wall, and you basically ruin the rig. Ghetto fabulous!
If you went to 32" wheels, you could just skip the tires and save lots of money! :dance:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts