RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I've been lurking on here for awhile and have been keeping my eye out for a 96-02 RR. I've been browsing CL, eBay, and this forum basically everyday but thought I would put the word out if anyone had any leads on one worth buying. It would be a second vehicle/toy and looking to spend $2,500-$5,000 depending on mileage and condition.

I'm a DIY'er and mechanical so I'm not too worried. If anyone has any leads or tips they would be greatly appreciated! May even consider one at a distance and ship it if it's a great deal. `)

Cheers,
Zack

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
241 Posts
Give this a try -

http://www.rangerovers.net/wanted.html

Just have some patients, use your brain not your heart when purchasing. Eventually your patients will pay off.

In the mean time- read everything you can as much as possible, including these forums, RAVE, the main Rangerovers.net website. The more you read the more you become familiar with the issues these vehicles can have and how to fix them.

Treat them like a good girlfriend- Treat her well, spend all of your waking hours with her, spend lots of money on her, and she will treat you well

Good Luck

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
193 Posts
100% agreed! Use your head, don't go after the first one you see. Lurk around here and learn for awhile before you buy. RAVE is absolutely invaluable. They (P38's) are not nearly as scary as some make them out to be, and as upboardin said; treat it nice, constant love and attention. Also, just to be on the safe side budget some money in fo upkeep and an oh [email protected] fund! :doh:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys I have been reading up and will continue to do so. I'm old enough to no longer act on impulse so I hope to find something worth picking up. If anyone knows of anything please feel free to drop me a line, I was hoping to find an enthusiast owned one but that seems tricky to do as I don't see too many for sale on the various RR forums.

·
Registered
211 Posts
The problem is, once we get everything fixed, we want to keep them!

There was one down here in Brookfield, CT that sounded good < $5000, was on e-bay BIN but no sale several times. Keep looking for it.

If you need a second set of eyes or have any questions, send me a PM - I've been over, in & under mine quite a bit lately. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TheBoss said:
The problem is, once we get everything fixed, we want to keep them!

There was one down here in Brookfield, CT that sounded good < $5000, was on e-bay BIN but no sale several times. Keep looking for it.

If you need a second set of eyes or have any questions, send me a PM - I've been over, in & under mine quite a bit lately. ;)
Maybe I'm hoping to find some elusive "all-sorted" one where the better half is prompting the sale and luck out on someone else's misfortune :)

Thanks for the heads up I haven't seen that one on CL or Ebay completed auctions but that's the kind of stuff I'm looking for. Thank you also for your offer, I'll keep it in mind if I check out any down your way!

-Z

·
Registered
116 Posts
Dont think of it as sorted out. Think of it as a parttime hobby. Anytime you buy a 10+yr old vehicle alot of parts start to wear out or age.

·
Registered
533 Posts
In my experiences, the better half is always prompting the sale. Women hate P38 range rovers (classics too!). If it's not new and warrantied, it's not for them.

·
Registered
211 Posts
ikoinu said:
In my experiences, the better half is always prompting the sale. Women hate P38 range rovers (classics too!). If it's not new and warrantied, it's not for them.
Mine loves hers - just gets upset when I throw tools. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts