Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bottle jack with a jack stand that I need to store in the cargo space. I am looking for a sturdy cargo organizer that will hold the jack (9x9x11") as well as some other nick jacks. I would greatly appreciate any feedback and suggestions you may have.

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
927 Posts
Does the bottle jack fit under the floor with the rest of the accessories under there?

My '11 has "cutouts" that would work nicely with a bottle jack and other stuff.

Does the '08 have this.

The only thing that bothers me so far is that my tow strap wont fit and the jumper cables probably wont fit either.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Wow, thats a nice looking jack and it has good reach (21") and excellent price. Nice find.
And yes, I could use a good recommendation on a organizer. After spending the weekend with a bunch of Discos, one thing I noticed is that the Sport is definitely lacking in cargo organization and space.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
670 Posts
Have you tried the space under the rear passenger seats?

Rafa

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
927 Posts
Wow those are nice. I wish I saw them years ago when I bought a set of Lincoln (i think) ones for around the same price with no bottle. Oh well I sold them. Maybe these will be my next ones.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Just bought two. I didn't realize at first glance that they are also jack stands. These will be perfect for changing from my Offroad set to the Onroad set. Great price too. Reading the reviews, I do hope they got the hydraulic issues fixed though.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
457 Posts
I've used that bottle jack/jackstand combo on my fullsize and it works great. I also carry an extra jackstand in the area where the tire used to go just in case... don't want 3 tons falling on me.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rafa, I did not know about the space under the rear passenger seats. Will look. An organizer would still be nice to have.

Our factory scissor jacks are apparently prone to failure, so I wanted to be sure I had a reliable jack. There is a Land Rover rebranded bottle jack made by Coram of Italy, but it is usually around $50-75 on ebay with questionable history, has a saddle jack plate for use under an axle, and will still require a jack stand. The jack I linked in my post has the requisite weight, height, and doubles as a jack stand at the same time. The price is much more reasonable at that site than elsewhere (for comparison, check here: http://www.amazon.com/Powerbuilt-64...ZGFU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327944094&sr=8-1)

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
There is also a good space in front of the tool holder but behind the rear seats. The flat panel just pops up. I put some of my recovery gear in there too.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
grasshopper, have you checked to see if the Powerbuilt jack fits inside the empty spare battery compartment in the engine bay? Judging by your stated 9x9x11 size, it may be a tight squeeze... But worth checking. I have a carry bag with my small Masterflow MF-1050 air compressor and inflation hose stored in there, and that one fits just fine. It sure beats having to unload all the crap in my cargo area whenever I need to air my tires back up, even if I could fit the compressor somewhere under the cargo floor (and I couldn't.)

PS: On second thought, since we are talking about a hydraulic jack, it may not be such a good idea to store it long term in an area that gets pretty toasty, such as that compartment in the engine bay... But keep that well in mind for other knick knacks that are not as heat sensitive, such as tool bags, jumper cables, tow straps...

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
670 Posts
Umberto, where's this spare battery compartment you speak off?

Rafa

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
On the opposite side of where the "real", standard battery is... :wink: Driver side of the engine bay, under the large plastic cover. Most of it is empty amd could be used to fit an auxiliary battery. I think TripleE heats his soup in there when he is wheeling?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There is also a good space in front of the tool holder but behind the rear seats. The flat panel just pops up. I put some of my recovery gear in there too.
How do I open that loadspace cover? I lifted the tool holder cover and reached in to grab it's edge but it won't lift - didn't put much muscle into it for fear of damaging it. I then folded up one of the rear seat cushions to try from that side, but same.

I will check out the spare battery compartment mentioned by umbertob for storing other items. The compressor he stores there seems to be a common item for off roaders who adjust pressures x 4 but may be overkill for the seasonal small adjustment that I do due to temp variances here in CT.

Thank you for the input.

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
I think TripleE heats his soup in there when he is wheeling?

Typically take the compressor out, throw it in back, and soup in... ;)

How do I open that loadspace cover? I lifted the tool holder cover and reached in to grab it's edge but it won't lift - didn't put much muscle into it for fear of damaging it. I then folded up one of the rear seat cushions to try from that side, but same.
Yeah, just lift up. Do if from the rear though as you tried, by lifting the tool cover first to create some space to grab. If you have short arms like me and don't want to get in all the way, don't open the tool cover all the way, just enough to stick the screwdriver (from the tools!) under the other panel to pry it up enough to grab; it is pretty tough though.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
116 Posts
Yes this jack is the best of both worlds . A high lift plus a safety lock which turns it into a jack stand .

DSC_0172.jpg DSC_0171.jpg

All for a reasonable price .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts