Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Has anyone purchased and installed this 13.3" retrofit Android based screen for 2014-2017 RRS. I am thinking about buying it from AlliExpress and wanted some feedback on this product. It is the Android 12 operating system with 8GB DDR3 and 128GB ROM. Suppose to be 1920 X 1080. Some sellers say it IPS while others sale QLED screen.

Hate to make a purchase not know anything about how it works, performs or if it even works right!

Thxs.

· Registered
2015 RRS HSE DYNAMIC SDV8 4.4L L494
65 Posts
If you buy it and it is not as described, file a dispute if the seller doesn't help. Example if you bought QLED and it's actually IPS, prove to them and ask for explanation.
Personally I haven't bought these units but have it on my to do list.

I would say it would be a big improvement over the stock 2015 system, in being that it would be faster and have much better features. But with these sort of things it would still be not as smooth as your later model headunits.
Once you start adding apps it could slow down etc, this is from a separate unit for a different car.

· Registered
157 Posts
If you buy it and it is not as described, file a dispute if the seller doesn't help. Example if you bought QLED and it's actually IPS, prove to them and ask for explanation.
Personally I haven't bought these units but have it on my to do list.

I would say it would be a big improvement over the stock 2015 system, in being that it would be faster and have much better features. But with these sort of things it would still be not as smooth as your later model headunits.
Once you start adding apps it could slow down etc, this is from a separate unit for a different car.
Thank for your reply! The sellers of theses retrofit multimedia screens claim they fit my vehicle model and year. My concern is the quality, ability to get service. I think I will wait till the product is listed with an U.S. online sellers like eB*y or Amaz*n before I made an purchase. Eliminates many of the any hassles if listed from U.S. based seller for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts