RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm currently looking at a 2010 RR HSE LUX. As you know this has the 5.0 engine. I'm wondering to myself if I should be looking at an 07-09 version instead for reliability reasons. Can anyone offer any advice? Also, I'm hearing prices all over for the new tensioners some say 12k and others if going to independent are saying 6k is that really the going rate? I'm in Northern California.

Last question ;). Does a 2010 RR HSE LUX with 72k for 23k sound a little high? Just doing a Price check. Thanks all!

·
Registered
82 Posts
From my understanding, the 2010-2011 had some serious issues with the guide/tensioner, while the 2012 worked more of the bugs out. $23k for a 2010 seems high, but prices are all over the place. I came across a 2012 with 50k miles for around $25k and being sold at a Land Rover dealership. It was the price on both cars.com and their website. I was going to buy, but having four cars wasn’t going well with the wife.

FA2CD16D-ADE5-42A1-AA7F-B63D7D5E4937.jpg

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
327 Posts
Price is not bad for a lux with every option. Location plays a role in prices as well. There are 2010-12 base models going for cheap but you might as well get one with every option or as many as possible. if you buy in cash from a private person, you can get a steeper discount but buying from a dealer, the prices are marked up so that isn't bad.

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
The only way to ensure that a rig is not going to have guide issues is to compare its VIN with the recall/TSB. Full text of the recall has been posted by Umberto.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts