RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a 2015 RR SC here in the Houston area. The local LR dealership has the unit, but it is not a CPO. The dealer is telling me it cost them about $5500 to CPO the car. I am just wondering if anyone here knows the true cost to the dealer to CPO it. I don't mind paying some money, but I also don't want to pay $5k either if I can help it.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
It definitely costs them a few grand. $5.5 sounds a bit steep, though. I would offer them $3k.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was able to end up getting enough off of the car and upping up trade to where the warranty cost me about $2000. Car listed at 55k, and my trade was 32 (right where I wanted it). They ended up giving me 2k off or the RR and 2k over allowance on the trade so it worked out well. Here she is.

CEB1472A-1C06-43C9-866F-6E824DA72F28.jpg

·
Registered
78 Posts
Nice, one thing to look out for is the CPO warranty is UP TO 7 year. This means it can be 5, 6, or 7 years.

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,169 Posts
Probably a majority of that cost is to include the CPO extended warranty which is usually 5/100k or 6/100k. Not sure what else is involved since either way it should get the usual inspections.

I guess I would find out what warranty would be included as a CPO and what the cost would be to get that warranty outside of CPO and decide if any other extras are worth the price difference.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did get the 7 year 100k warranty. Basically I’m getting a little over three more years of warranty based on in service date. The dealer quoted me $6100 for a 3rd party warranty (they did not want to certify the car at first so this is what they offered in lieu of CPO). I looked online for warranty cost, but it looks like they all want my phone number before I get a quote and I don’t want to get on any of those robocalls list. The sales guy did tell me after they agreed to certify the RR that in the 3rd party warranty they only make about 10% on them, so a $6100 warranty cost them about $5400. I don’t know if that’s true, but he did say that the cost is already so high on the warranties that if they put too much markup in them that they would never sell.

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
Remember that is not an additional 7 years. That warranty is 7 years from first in service date.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased a 2015 ATB LWB a few weeks ago and was quoted $3500 to CPO it with 6y/100k. The car had 40K miles and still has 6 months of the original warranty left. So this price was basically for an extra 2 years.

Congrats on the purchase! I absolutely love mine so far... coming from a 2016 X5.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, JCW. Sounds like 3500 for two more years is about right. It was 5400 for me for the three extra years, so I guess my dealer was being pretty close to accurate on the warranty price. We pick her up tomorrow after they finish some minor touch up etc. I’ll post some pics. It’s going to be for the wife. She only dives about 8k a year so I felt good about going the CPO route.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well got her home today and the brakes are squeaking like crazy. The inspection showed that they had 8mm up front and 6mm in the back, so the lads should be good. The dealer said they would take care of it, I just have to bring it over to service. It’s pretty funny to drive around a rover with T-Tags that have the brakes squealing like crazy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Haha.... 6 days after I got mine the airbag light went on and I had to take it in. Definitely a nice “welcome to the brand”! ? I’m sure they’ll get the brakes sorted out. Congrats!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am in Houston as well. I just purchased a 16' RR and traded in a 14 RRS SC hard loaded. Part of the CPO is what they have to spend to get it to meet the requirements. My brakes squelled as well and sounded terrible. It has new pads and rotors when purchased a week ago. I did some research, I pulled and Chamfered the upper edge of teh pads and lubricated the edge of teh pad where it slides into the Caliper. I also added the lube to where the pins float through the pad. My squelling in gone. It is very simple to do and I used the CRC Silicone Brake lube good to 3000 degrees.

https://www.brakeandfrontend.com/tech-tip-land-rover-squeal-high-performance-brake-system/

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quick update. LR in North Houston took it in service Monday to look at the brakes. The tried to "glaze" the rotors, but the squealing remained. They went ahead and put brand new pads and rotors on all four wheels and they covered it 100%. That is a ball park $2500 job. I am very happy with their service and I can't say enough good things about them. Sure you can argue that they should have caught it during the inspection, but I find the noise didn't really start till you were driving it for about 10 mins or so and I doubt they really drive the cars that much or any during CPO inspections.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts