RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looked in owners manual and searched... What is this error light?

Stupid question... What is this error light for? I had it flash on and off a few times over the last few weeks? It's a red error with an image of the truck in red with red arrows pointing upward beneath it.
error.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
Re: Looked in owners manual and searched... What is this error light?

That should be for the adaptive cruise control / forward alert systems, which was somewhat of a rare option, and never really had many issues.

Do you have it?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

As far as I know I don't have it because my car is a 2006 4.4 (which IIRC isn't even an option)... When I did the autobiography front end swap I didn't see sensor near the crash bar? Is it possible my IIDtool turned this feature on when it updated my cluster?

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts

It might have been available on HSEs that also had the Dynamic package, which is probably the rarest feature of them all.

Are there 2 or three buttons on the LH side of the steering wheel? - RH side has 3 for volume/radio control, don't count horns or bluetooth stuff.

I have no experience with the IIDtool, but anything is possible, and seeing as the light is not controlled by any given source, bussed signal, it really can't be a wiring issue, so configuration would be my first guess.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Two buttons on the steering wheel but I do have dynamic response. Could this be related to dynamic response?

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts

You do? And Brembo front brakes? Wow, I've been with Rover since before these trucks were even a concept, and aside from a pre-production vehicle, I have only seen one HSE with the Dynamic package!

Just for that, I'll look into your headlamp situation a little harder!(still nothing substantial though)

I've attached a file to be sure we're talking about the same 'icon', but if so, it is for nothing but the ACC(symbol #39). Anything for DR will use the same warning light as the EAS system uses.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts

I just double checked, and didn't notice your arrow in the original picture, and was going off just the description of the light.

Give me a minute, I'll look into what is there, but I don't know off the top of my head.

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts

There is no mention of that lamp in anything I have for a RRS, but in LR3 it is designated as 'Auxiliary Heating' which is not a feature available in the US, on RRS or LR3.

Attached is a pic of LR3 dash to check if it's the icon you saw, but this should never come on, so I would still be leaning towards a configuration issue causing it.

Attachments

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts

IIRC Adaptive Cruise Control was a $2K option on MY06-09 Supercharged models only, it wasn't available at all on NAS HSE trims, either as a stand-alone option or as part of a package (Dynamic Pack only included Dynamic Response and front Brembos.)

·
Registered
57 Posts

Hi Guys

As stated in the user manual of the IIDTool :

Before updating the instrument pack ECU, please read the following:

When turning ON the headlamps on a 2005-2006 vehicle after the IPC-Instrument Pack firmware has been updated, the AHCM (auxiliary heater, fitted on diesel vehicles) indicator light will turn ON. On 2007 and up vehicles, the logo for this particular lamp changed for the «headlamps ON» one. On 2005-2006 north american vehicles only, the amber «parking brake» indicator light replaces the «check engine» light. If these differences bothers you, do not update the IPC Instrument Pack ECU. It is also possible to eliminate these differences by replacing the dials facia with the 2007 and up one.

• The low coolant warning lamp may come on after updating because the later firmware will react differently to the sensor input. This may be due to the coolant level being too low or a known problem with the expansion tank float/sensor becoming less buoyant. We strongly recommend fixing the issue but it is also possible to revert back to the earlier firmware version.

So basically, this is all normal behavior when the instrument pack ECU is updated. It is also possible to revert back to the previous 2005-2006 version if it`s too much of an annoyance.

Cheers!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts