RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious. Planning a trip to Denver, and am thinking about taking my truck. Should I be ok keeping my 22's on? The truck will be full all the way there and back

Never had this set up on a long road trip before.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
You'll be fine.

You can get the wheels straightened out when you get back home. :D j/k

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
It would help if you told us where you will be leaving from... :wink: With the sorry state of disrepair of our local roads here in bankrupt California, you could do more damage to rims and suspensions driving 3 miles up the 710 freeway between Long Beach and Compton than you would on a cross-country trip over decently paved highways! As long as you purchased quality rims and don't mind the harder ride of the 22s over the stockers, you should be fine. Is your spare full size and does it match your big wheels in overall diameter? Are the lugs of the 22s different than the stock nuts? If so, don't forget to carry 5 stock lugs with you, should you need to mount that spare in the middle of nowhere. :doh:

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Put a bottle of heavy cream in the back and all will be fine. You'll have fresh butter upon your arrival. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Figure your going from somewhere in cali... ive driven NY to DC a dozen times fully loaded.... on my 22's Stormer replica's no issues.... though I think people say the replicas hold up better than typical 22's?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Details...Currently running 22' Chrome Redbourne Dukes with Yoko Tires. Will be going form Kansas City KS to Denver. I-70 is decent as far as road condition.

I do not have a full size spare Stock or 22. I have the stock nuts on my truck. Didnt get anything after market.

So what happens if I blow one of my 22's and I have to put on a stock 19?

Just to be clear...Im not concerned with blowing a tire than busting a rim.

What price tag should I be looking at for a single stock rim. I might pick up another duke as well.

Can you tell I'm a rookie at this???

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
kstatenupe said:
Details...Currently running 22' Chrome Redbourne Dukes with Yoko Tires. Will be going form Kansas City KS to Denver. I-70 is decent as far as road condition.

I do not have a full size spare Stock or 22. I have the stock nuts on my truck. Didnt get anything after market.

So what happens if I blow one of my 22's and I have to put on a stock 19?

Just to be clear...Im not concerned with blowing a tire than busting a rim.

What price tag should I be looking at for a single stock rim. I might pick up another duke as well.

Can you tell I'm a rookie at this???
You are way overthinking this. Check your tire pressures, your oil level, top off the washer fluid, stop at Arthur Bryants to bring some bbq for whoever your visiting, and drive to Denver. You have a 0.2% chance of getting a flat.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
I bought a 5th full sized, matching spare. Of course there's good reason to have that it you go offroad... If I were just a concrete warrior I'd probably not worry about it too much. If your blood pressure spikes at the thought of being stranded in BFE where the nearest 285/35-22 is two days away, then there's nothing wrong with buying a full sized matching spare.

If you want to be frugal (like I usually am), you could probably just ditch your factory spare tire and mount the appropriate diameter tire on the factory spare wheel. Fashion police may take issue, but so long as your sporting some fancy Prada footwear you'll be ok. :)

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
cavincosters said:
It sounds really strange that how can someone wearing such an odd size of 22" can travel on a road for so long? It is still unbelievable.
Fyi, he's in the Guiness Book of World Records for longest road trip on 22's.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
gooseyloosey said:
Speaking of...is it just me or are the posts on this forum getting stranger lately?

Its like "One Flew Over the RRS Forum" around here.
It our new generation of manual spammers. They throw up three or four generic posts that make no sense then add or change their siggy to a spam link. :roll:

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
I keep offering to buy the products that these spammers are selling, but so far I have not received my custom LeBron jersey nor my 3 for 1 folding lawn chairs. Any suggestions?

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Maybe they see your siggy and are afraid you'll deck 'em when the jersey melts in the first rain. :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Rich, thanks for the clarification. I wasn't aware such effort was being expended.

Drevs, seeing that you are into sports memorabilia I have a signed Pete Carroll picture if you're interested. Its him jumping in the air with a fist pump after the USC-Oklahoma game.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I had my RRS on 22" stormer replicas driven from Seattle to Orlando last year and had no problems.

·
Registered
61 Posts
What are you going to be doing in Denver? Just asking cause that's where I live lol. You'll be fine, I've made 2 trips to Phoenix and back from Denver (about 900 miles each way) without a problem

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
DoubleRsport said:
What are you going to be doing in Denver? Just asking cause that's where I live lol. You'll be fine, I've made 2 trips to Phoenix and back from Denver (about 900 miles each way) without a problem
You guys do realize this thread is a year old and was just spammed back to life? `)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts