RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of nowhere, I lost my chirp when I lock the car with the remote. Whenever I lock the car, I usually would press the LOCK button twice so I can hear the AWESOME CHIRP. Now not only did I lose the chip but now sometimes it wont even lock with the remote, I gotta press it a few times. However, when I use the key in the door and lock, the the CHIRP is there. Whats going on?

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
Depending on how your alarm is programed in your BeCM, the chirp can also mean a fault. For instance my car just flashed the parking lights when armed and locked.

You should only have to press once to lock and arm. Two presses enters into super lock. If you had an error in your volumetric sensor this would account for the chirp.

I think I got that right... :think:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, only when I lock twice "superlock" then I get the chirp, so you're the chirp is bad? no one here gets it? Now if I was to lock again, like more than 2, than just lights, only at the 2nd lock would I get the chirp.

·
Registered
640 Posts
When you lock the second time and get the "Chirp" have you looked at the message display through the window to see if it displays Alarm Fault? as that's what mine did when I had a similar problem.

Cheers

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Col said:
When you lock the second time and get the "Chirp" have you looked at the message display through the window to see if it displays Alarm Fault? as that's what mine did when I had a similar problem.

Cheers
no, I havnt looked, I dont get the chirp anymore, so I take it the chirp is NOT normal after the 2nd locking?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts