RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and good morning from South Carolina. this is my first post and I am in need of some assistance. the battery in my 2011 range rover was a bit low so I tried to jump start it and managed to blow something so the car lost electrical power. I need to inspect the fuses but they are in the glove box which is now inaccessible. So here is the question. Is there anyway to get into the glove box to inspect the fuses without destroying it? I have already checked the main fuse coming off the battery and that seems to be fine. Any help here is much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
The fuses in that panel are mostly for interior functions that wouldn't affect starting. You sure that the voltage isn't so low that nothing is working? I would stick a charger on the battery and see if you can charge it. If the voltage is so low that it won't even charge, the battery might be toast. Do you know how old it is?

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,947 Posts
what did you do to trigger the series of events that lead to the no start?
Does the hot terminal of the battery have a battery isolation terminal?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
36 Posts
As NorCal RR said, sounds like a battery problem. I'd swap out batteries to check. My guess is that'll make a difference.

·
Registered
1995 p38a
38 Posts
Sorry but NorcalRR is kinda wrong. The fuse panel you're referring to is not just a fuse panel but on l322 trucks it's the BCM. Which controls.... Everything. Literally plays a part in alot of what the truck does, including starting.

That being said. I believe you can remove the glove box without opening it. Just remove all the bolts. And the surrounding trim panels will need to be removed also.

I'm curious, what you did that led to this issue though? I might be able to help you gain an idea of the damage. And possible needed repair.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts