RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 FFRR HSE Lux

Hiya folks:
Just went on a failed expedition to replace both my TPMS module and Parking Aid Module.

Symptoms I'm seeing that led me to attempt to replace these:
  • "Tire pressure monitoring system fault" in the dash, even after replacing all the units in each tire
  • DTC for parking aid module failure, no light in the dash button when in reverse and no audible warnings when reversing
Based on a little research, I acquired the following parts to attempt to fix the problem:
  • LR044371 TPMS Receiver
  • AH4215K866BG Park Aid Module
From the following pages, I pulled apart the rear boot and fuse box area:
But found neither item there to be replaced. Where are these two modules located? Pics below of the location I looked at and failed to find. I did find three random little dangling 3 prong jumper wires, but none fit the jack on the TPMS receiver. Didn't find anything close to the Park Aid Module's inputs - the box on the back of the junction box was labeled "Air Suspension", and that was as close as it got.

·
Registered
504 Posts
If it’s intermittent don’t even bother. Mine appeared once a week for a few weeks and then stopped completely. Has been months now.

I’m waiting until my tire change to get sensors replaced and will only then will I pursue the module if the alert persists.

I just don’t want my fellow forum members knee jerk throwing parts at their RR’s!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TPMS issue has been persistent for 7 months now, even after clearing codes and replacing the tire sensors.
Parking Aid also has not been working for an extended period.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My parking sensors where completely dead. Nothing even after connecting to OBD nothing dead. I repacked the module (left side of trunk very easy access) immediately woke the system up. I now get the tire lines in the backup camera and all. It’s alive but does not work! same goes with blind spot which I think is connected to it. It now works only on driver side but intermittent and stops after a few minutes of driving. I really want to fix the parking assist but not sure what to do next .. programming the new module?

Anyways here is the module on my 2012 that o changed

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
305 Posts
Your model year's TPMS module location is behind the RIGHT side interior panel of the trunk, above and to the rearwards of the rear fuse box.

I'm fairly certain that the rear parking sensor module is located behind the LEFT side interior panel in the trunk, near the amplifier, on your model year. There should be three connectors plugged in to it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Rob for chiming in. Do you happen to have a part number for the TPMS Module you're referring to? I don't see anything in the manual that goes back to that

The part I replaced (LR044371 TPMS Receiver) was actually found behind the overhead console. For anyone else finding this thread later, just follow this video to remove the overhead console:
and then the receiver will be resting on the metal bar in the middle. Pull it out from behind the metal bar (sorry I forgot to take pics).

Will go and look tonight at the left trunk panel for the parking aid module. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
504 Posts
My parking sensors where completely dead. Nothing even after connecting to OBD nothing dead. I repacked the module (left side of trunk very easy access) immediately woke the system up. I now get the tire lines in the backup camera and all. It’s alive but does not work! same goes with blind spot which I think is connected to it. It now works only on driver side but intermittent and stops after a few minutes of driving. I really want to fix the parking assist but not sure what to do next .. programming the new module?

Anyways here is the module on my 2012 that o changed

Wires that thin should be a crime. Need some sort of supportive jacket with stress relieves ends.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Wires that thin should be a crime. Need some sort of supportive jacket with stress relieves ends.

Makes sense, but excuse my ignorance isn’t that OEM? I just replaced the module. Again per earlier I now have power to the system with this newer module, but I can’t get the sensors to work

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the pics earlier Paulo - I can confirm I found and replaced the parking aid module today. Will do more tests to ensure it's working correctly later, but at least got the light in the dash to go on with the new module.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks for the pics earlier Paulo - I can confirm I found and replaced the parking aid module today. Will do more tests to ensure it's working correctly later, but at least got the light in the dash to go on with the new module.
Keep me posted. I’m curious what happens. As I said I now have power and the lines for the wheel position show but I can’t get the sensors to work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts