RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've bought the pollen filter for my 15,000 service. Unfortunately, try as I might I am unable to locate the existing pollen filter for replacement. :(

I've heard folks talk about behind the glove box (and others suggest its under the hood) yet I am unable to locate any trap door behind which the pollen filter might reside. There are two screws located under the lower glove box which appear to hold the lower panel in place, but when I twist them off, I can't remove the plastic panel (this plastic contains a light near the firewall). Can anyone who has done this before help em locate the pollen filter. I'd much appreciate the assistance.

Thanks,

Mike

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
The pollen filter is located behind the lower glove box, in the same area where the passenger compartment fuse / CJB is. To open the lower glove box to its "service" position, first empty it from its content, since everything will drop to the floor otherwise... :wink: Slightly raise it from the normal open position while at the same time pushing the plastic retaining tabs on each side with your thumbs, then gently lower it all the way. The glove box will drop down to the floor and reveal the fuse box on the right. Look up above and to the left of the fuses and you will see the black plastic filter cover, it's a skinny rectangular faceplate about 10" long and 2" high. There are two tabs on each side of the cover - no tools required. Push the tabs and remove the faceplate, you will see the pollen filter in there. Slide out the old one and replace it, reattach its faceplate and raise the glove box back up until the tabs snap back in place. It takes only a minute once you figure out how to open the lower glove box to the service position. Instructions should be included in your Owner manual.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Which one of these is the pollen filter that I need?

Blower motor, Cabin air filter
Range Rover Sport, Air Intake
HVAC »Controls
Land rover › Range rover sport › 2006-2009
List Price : $52.45
Your Price : $44.58
Quantity:

Blower motor, Cabin air filter
Range Rover Sport, Odor And Particle
HVAC »Controls
List Price : $44.59
Your Price : $37.90
Quantity:

AIR CONDITIONER & HEATER »Evaporator & heater components
List Price : $44.59
Your Price : $37.90

·
Registered
111 Posts
Stupid question, but the airflow is supposed to flow downards right? I removed the old one without remembering the direction.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts