RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Range Rover L405 Supercharged & 2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know or have a picture of the location of the Map sensor? I wanted to replace to see if it fixes my p2096,p0172,p0175 cel.

·
Registered
114 Posts
My CEL lit up. I pulled the code, and I had P0106. That's the only code. I haven't noticed any performance issues or poor fuel economy. I pulled off the air intake distribution and removed the MAP. It didn't look dirty. The connectors looked good. And, my throttle looks clean. Tell me if I'm missing something.

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Since posting that I cleaned my MAP, I've had P0106 come back with no other codes. It doesn't occur often. But, I decided to replace the MAP anyway. I replaced it yesterday while investigating a coolant leak. I had the air intake open, and I noticed the air intake had some oil in it (see picture). The puddle is at the back, because I'm holding it at an angle.

I'm thinking some of that oil may find it's way into the MAP from time to time and cause the code? I see some oil in the breather connection at the intake manifold.

I've studied the emissions system outline on the RAVE cd. It shows that air from the crankcase passes through an oil separator, PCV valves and back into the air intake. I did a quick search for an oil separator. I would think this is what I should check. Is it clogged? I noticed there is a PCV valve rebuild kit at BPU. Would this stop the oil? Maybe the drain pan above the cylinder head cover is clogged?

Thoughts? This may take a while for me to figure out. I'll provide updates as I can.

Oil Air Intake.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts