RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the Lyle Pearson dealership of Boise put on a great event in the canyons just south of Boise. There were around 25 participants with numerous dealer vehicles scattered throughout the group. There was really only one real technical section of the trail, but as you can see it was quite fun. Hopefully I'll get some pics from the other rovers that went, I didn't seem to take too many. :wink:

Our friends LR3.

Snake River.

Is that supposed to do that?

No.

As usual, always worse in person.

Got him winched out from the front, back strapped for safety.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,456 Posts
Nice scenery up there...should be even more fun with some snow on the mountains!

:D

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
The guy in the red RRS missed that turn by about 150 miles, did he and the copilot fall asleep at the wheel? :wink: Nice photos and beautiful scenery - I would have guessed Arizona - thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PJPR01 said:
Nice scenery up there...should be even more fun with some snow on the mountains!

:D
Yes, yes it should... :thumb: Let me know what's up! 8)

umbertob said:
The guy in the red RRS missed that turn by about 150 miles, did he and the copilot fall asleep at the wheel? :wink: Nice photos and beautiful scenery - I would have guessed Arizona - thanks for sharing.
Yes, he was way right and it was his first time out. I believe he slipped off a rock to the right and then the hill side crumbled away. Unfortunate for sure. Arizona? We don't live in stinkin' Drevs country. j/k :lol: I admit it gets pretty brown in the canyons about halfway through the summer though.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
TripleE said:
I believe he slipped off a rock to the right
Nice pics Tripe/3E! Thanks for sharing.

I'm thinking he slipped because of the Continentals :D . It would have been nice to see what the offroad screen on the nav system looked like on that one.

Btw, did anyone ford the Snake River that day?

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
littlehandegan said:
TripE are you running LTZ's or Graps?

Looks good! Anymore pics of her?!? :thumb:
LTZs as umberto mentioned and thanks! There are some on-road pics in the gallery thread:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16544&start=15

with more off-road pics and video in the Rally threads:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26901&p=206176&hilit=rally#p206176

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=33167&p=256454&hilit=rally#p256454

Enjoy.

umbertob said:
I am pretty sure that Tripe (LOL) rides on 285/60/18 Cooper Zeon LTZs.
Yes, Tripe. :lol:

q-rover said:
Nice pics
Thanks!

gooseyloosey said:
It would have been nice to see what the offroad screen on the nav system looked like on that one.

Btw, did anyone ford the Snake River that day?
I bet the screen looked something like this: ZOMGWTF! I can't tell if the Snake comment was a joke, but it must be coming from the Goose - you don't even put a finger in that thing, there is a ton of water moving with crazy undertows! :snooty:

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Yes, I was kidding about the Snake River.

I have a friend who had a near death experience on that river. It lives up to its name.

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
gooseyloosey said:
I have a friend who had a near death experience on that river. It lives up to its name.
Sorry to hear that; it is a serious river though. Great for catfish. :lol:

kstatenupe said:
So how bad off was the Red RRS? Could it finish the outing?
The vehicle itself is fine. When I got around the corner, they said he was "stuck"; I don't know if that really meant stuck or not. The thing was that his left rear was up in the air and both right tires were in the rubble of rock/earth that crumbled away from the trail. I think it was just safer to winch him out of it.

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
TripleE said:
umbertob said:
Nice photos and beautiful scenery - I would have guessed Arizona - thanks for sharing.
Arizona? We don't live in stinkin' Drevs country. j/k :lol:
And here I thought all the grass in Boise was blue? :think:

That red rover (har) driver must have been, um, new to offroading. Perhaps the Goosemaster can post those pics of his harrowing river fording adventure for all you Idahoian underachievers.

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Drevs said:
And here I thought all the grass in Boise was blue? :think:

That red rover (har) driver must have been, um, new to offroading. Perhaps the Goosemaster can post those pics of his harrowing river fording adventure for all you Idahoian underachievers.
Zing! That's 3 in 1, he's back! It's Idahoan though. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Some more from the other participants:

Series IIA trail leader.

Most of the group.

Built Disco.

Sport!

New 2.

One more of red rover.

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
TripleE said:
It's Idahoan though. :thumb:
Well that's certainly a more politically correct word than I had come up with for your buddy in the Red Rover. Although they do both start with the same two letters. :wink:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts