RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any thoughts on what tools we could put on it?

Im thinking about a deep well 30mm socket, a shallow well 24mm socket, and a Die for chasing the threads on the radius arms, and an O2 sensor socket. Thats the only "special" tools Ive had experience with so far.

·
Banned
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
3,952 Posts
So why not just buy them then? If you need something once then chances are you will need it again one day.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I understand what you mean Gilbert, but not everyone is going to keep there Rover around long enough to necessitate the need to keep a 30MM socket around for the next 20 years to do a second set of bushings!! Or they may be doing a budget build and can't shell out the extra bucks for an O2 sensor socket. I read posts on here all the time about sourcing cheaper parts from other vehicles, so people are definitely looking to save a buck. Either way, it was just a thought.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
I can't help that is stretching it a bit. O2 sockets are 4 or 5 bucks, hardly a bank buster. 30mm sockets are 7 or 8 bucks... not exactly gold standard either. I have odd ball tools I have bought for one use that I knew dang well I would never need again... yet I did. I think the idewa of a loaner tool thread is an excellent idea, but let's be realistic about it. If the shipping is gong to be more than purchase price you are hardly being wise with funds.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
222 Posts
A Tech4 as a loaner or heavy duty Hub ball joint splitter might be worth it for people on a budget, but I think sockets and the like are a bit of a no goer due to the cheap cost of them now days ???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts