RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a loaner while I hope I get a few software updates (AEB / Fuel Gauge)...but noticed on the Disco Sport that I was able to view and reply to my SMS messages...I wonder why that did not make it to the L405 in the 17 MY...also surprised after talking to the Service Adviser that the L405 does not have Voice commands for Nav...a place where it would be very helpful...

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
Lower models always get the tech stuff as test mules, always have. The 405 may be top of the line, but LR has always tested accessories, software, new tech etc on other models before dedicating it to their best. Look at the bits and toys the Evoque received before Sport and Full size. Now we have Velar leading the the way.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yep, same on the Evoque. Different infotainment system. A big software update is in the pipeline for ICTP. Hoping it brings some of these missing functions. We'll see...

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lower models always get the tech stuff as test mules, always have. The 405 may be top of the line, but LR has always tested accessories, software, new tech etc on other models before dedicating it to their best. Look at the bits and toys the Evoque received before Sport and Full size. Now we have Velar leading the the way.
I wonder with the new BUS and infotainment system in the '17+ that it was forward engineered to allow for new features with a software update...

·
Registered
626 Posts
Sorry, knowing JLR they will never allow older models software upgrades. Our 16's and older rigs will be stuck with old software. The 17's won't be upgraded with the Velar stuff either. You have to buy the new model to get upgrades.

·
Registered
212 Posts
"LTB01108NAS1 - InControl® Touch Pro™ Features May Not Function As Expected; Phase 3.0 Update" was published today on TOPIx

Discovery Sport (LC) 2017 Onwards 634012 OnwardsHalewoodVehicles With: InControl Touch Pro
Range Rover Evoque (LV) 2016 Onwards 166843 OnwardsHalewoodVehicles With: InControl Touch Pro
Range Rover Sport (LW) 2017 Onwards 666892 OnwardsSolihullVehicles With: InControl Touch Pro
Range Rover Sport (LW) 2017 Onwards 124031 OnwardsSolihullVehicles With: InControl Touch Pro
Range Rover (LG) 2017 Onwards 320324 OnwardsSolihullVehicles With: InControl Touch Pro

It contains the following:

"
In response to customer feedback on the performance of the InControl® Touch Pro™ system, Jaguar Land Rover has developed a software upgrade designed to enhance/introduce the following features and functions:

• • Introduction of text message capability to the InControl® Touch Pro™ system."

If that's true, that's a fairly significant feature addition for ICTP.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Only issue is that it is a 2hr update and it wipes your Infotainment clean so you have a little bit of re programming of settings, but worth it...

·
Registered
205 Posts
had mine updated today....it works quicker. Havnt figure out how to see text messages...I have an iphone if that matters

·
Registered
272 Posts
is text messaging the only thing this update does or is there anything else? thx

·
Registered
205 Posts
My phone (iphone 7) with most resent IOS doesnt show the option to include messages on my phone for my truck

It does have the capabilities because it works on my wifes carerra

·
Registered
212 Posts
My phone (iphone 7) with most resent IOS doesnt show the option to include messages on my phone for my truck

It does have the capabilities because it works on my wifes carerra
Could you please post your ICTP app version? Under Settings > Navigation, scroll down to app version.

·
Registered
272 Posts
thank you!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts