RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the Loaner Cars of JLR would actually make a more interesting thread!
Michaeltw made this comment on the L405 Photo thread when I commented about having a minivan loaner for 4 days (and counting) instead of my 3-week old 2015 RR ATB. Seemed like an interesting topic! `)

I CAME IN WITH THIS:

IMG_0924.jpg

AND DROVE OUT IN THIS:

IMG_0981.jpg

At least it is big and was free :roll:

Show us your JLR loaners! I know you might not have felt compelled to photograph that beauty, but any similar photo will do `)

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
If you squint it looks just like your Mark IV, just in white! I'm not sure about the custom grill though.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Ms. Mdx translation: "I always wanted a white minivan on 16s and invented issues with my L405 just so I could rock it!"

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
38 Posts
Wow! Thats unfortunate! At Aristocrat JLR in Overland Park, KS they give out new Jaguar XF 3.0 awd especially for snow around here. They may give out rwd ones in the summer I'm not sure, mine always seems to go bad in winter.

Though I will say, the first time I dropped my 06 RR off, their loaner rep gave me a toyota camry, while two other customers with much older rougher range rovers (some pretty beat up p38's) were given new XF's. Now I was happy to have a loaner but I was confused as to why I had a camry and they had new XF's!!!! The rep told me it was because I was under 25 and their insurance didn't allow it. I asked if he was serious, this is a LR dealership and it was my RR not my dads or something, I deserve to be treated as every other customer. He didn't budge on it and said it was policy and reminded me to bring it back with a full tank. After that comment I became quite angered so I just bit my tongue and left, no reason to make a scene.

I then emailed them stating how I felt mistreated as a paying customer and it seems illogical to treat a younger customer worse than other customers, especially since I have more years of business to offer ;)

I was called within the hour by the marketing director I believe? Turns out they held a meeting regarding the issue, it apparently turned out to be quite a large ordeal, I just figured it to be a little side thing! He told me it was due to the fact I used a debit card when filling out forms for the loaner as opposed to a credit card. I told him I don't use credit cards as I believe in only paying for what I have money for. However, their rentals are handled through enterprise (too costly to insure rentals via themselves I guess) and that their policy was credit cards for rentals, NOT MY AGE. He didn't seem happy about them belittling my experience due to my age, I'd imagine someone got a bit chewed out at enterprise for that. I now have a credit card just so I can use XF rentals instead of those HORRIBLE new camrys. Those things are worse than my old 200k mile 97 lexus I had! Absolutely sinful piles of junk.

I must say, the experience was enlightening. Aristocrat really prides themselves in customer service at JLR there. Not sure about their porsche, maserati and mercedes departments they have all there too. My dad wasn't too happy when he took his E55 in to their mercedes department, but I'm not sure why.

But if you have a Jaguar or LR, I can definitely recommend them, awesome dealership, I was amazed at how much they pride themselves in customer experience!

Oh, sorry about the minivan OP, at least, um, you can hold as much stuff as your RR! haha!

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
192 Posts
No photos, but my dealer only gives out Land Rovers. Usually it's LR2's, but I requested an LR4 last year and have had an Evoque twice.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aututto and Jnz, you aren't making me feel any better about all the Enterprise loaners I have to look forward to during the next 4 years/50,000 miles :roll: `).

Interesting fact about this local LR dealer is that the LR and Jag brands are owned by different companies, so they have nothing to do with each other and are on opposite ends of the town.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,248 Posts
My question would be.....why is a 3 week old LR going into a dealer long enough to even warrant a loaner?

Martin

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Oh jeez Martin, just open up that can o worms!!!

·
Premium Member
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
788 Posts
You're so accommodating! I would either bring my LR back on a day when Enterprise had something acceptable, or I would be calling Enterprise all day every day until they switched me out of that, or I would switch dealers to one with loaners.

I can only imagine what your neighbors must be thinking; MDX -> RR -> Caravan. :-D

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,248 Posts
Oh jeez Martin, just open up that can o worms!!!
I was just wonderin' is all.....
Spend that much coin, wait forever for it to arrive, then be back at the dealer in a few weeks and drive out in a minvan.
Not cool on any count, in my book.

Martin

·
Registered
342 Posts
Spend that much coin, wait forever for it to arrive, then be back at the dealer in a few weeks and drive out in a minivan.

Driving a minivan ain't leprosy. :)

I agree that this isn't good enough by both LR and the dealer as far as quality control and service aptitude. Hopefully this is a one off.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Martin, believe me I'm not happy, but at this point what should I do? Maybe the service department is a bit slow to figure the rattle out, but it isn't their fault the RR had 3 issues at 280 miles of use. We are not DIY when it comes to cars, so I will depend on this service department for years to come and I thought being patient and open minded might help me in the long run. I also bought from out of state, so this dealer will not help me if I needed to consider Lemon Laws, etc. down the road ... maybe I can have service on my side by being a rational/calm customer.

I wish I would receive an email/call from LR requesting a review, right about now, because I would certainly speak my mind. I should probably call them and log a complaint. If that rattle or any of the other issues come back again, then I will most certainly be escalating the problems.

Believe me, I'm not being a pushover, just taking my time and weighing my options ... Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,248 Posts

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
1,500 Posts
Martin, believe me I'm not happy, but at this point what should I do? Maybe the service department is a bit slow to figure the rattle out, but it isn't their fault the RR had 3 issues at 280 miles of use. We are not DIY when it comes to cars, so I will depend on this service department for years to come and I thought being patient and open minded might help me in the long run. I also bought from out of state, so this dealer will not help me if I needed to consider Lemon Laws, etc. down the road ... maybe I can have service on my side by being a rational/calm customer.

I wish I would receive an email/call from LR requesting a review, right about now, because I would certainly speak my mind. I should probably call them and log a complaint. If that rattle or any of the other issues come back again, then I will most certainly be escalating the problems.

Believe me, I'm not being a pushover, just taking my time and weighing my options ... Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!
You should contact LRNA and relay your experience. And definitely tweet your disappointment to @LandRover. On a different note, how's this for a mini-van?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I might be trading in my RR for that Monster-Minivan!

Service thought the rattle was fixed and had me pick up RR at 5pm on Friday ... heard the rattle 2 miles into my drive home and the rest of the way. Not sure what they thought they fixed. I might be back posting more loaner photos on Monday :roll:.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,248 Posts
Anything can be done, as evidenced by the engine bay in my own P38.....
engine baylq9.jpg
So go build the minivan of your dreams!
Of course, showing them some pictures of that minivan, and telling them thats what the loaner will look like upon it's return, may work too....

Martin

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
1,500 Posts
...I might be back posting more loaner photos on Monday :roll:...
Does your dealer's Enterprise office have any LR's in the fleet? My dealer's loaners are run by Enterprise and they have a fleet of LR2, Evoques, Jags, and a few LR4s. Trick is, you have to get there early.

My MB dealer, who is just down the street, also uses Enterprise, but they only have a fleet of C-Class cars, which I don't care for, but it's better than a mini-van, I suppose.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
2015 RR is back at dealer for second attempt at fixing the rattle. At least Enterprise had a larger selection of cars this week. They first offered me an extended cab pickup ... really ... in case I wanted that command driving position! I declined that offer.

Second car offered was a MB C250. That seemed like a decent enough choice. Get all the paperwork done, get in the car and see a big warning on the screen SRS Malfunction - Service Required. Don't think I want to drive a car with malfunctioning airbags! Went back inside to talk to someone. Manager came out took a look and agreed it should be checked out before being driven.

Now I'm offered a Camaro or a Lincoln MKX. Took the Lincoln, which at 8000 miles has no rattles at all :roll:

Here is my JLR loaner beauty:
: IMG_0982.jpg

My husband is on a business trip this week, so at least I can drive the E63 too.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Hey, you're getting Mathew McConahey's ride. Better than the minivan.

-ThinkMac-

1 - 20 of 20 Posts