RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to search and reviewed DVLA (uk) to determine if it’s beneficial to swap the taxation class. Short version is 1998 4.6 petrol auto used 99% of the time to go from home to field on a farm lane all of 75metres. Odd occasion to collect hay from a friend 2 miles away(4 times a year) so I’m thinking about swapping taxation class but unsure what I need what I won’t need (mot/tax. Car motd dec 2019 taxed ditto

·
Super Moderator
2,335 Posts
You'll still need an MoT and you wouldn't be able to use it to collect hay as it is more than 1.5 km and not to land that you occupy. DVLA's words on Limited Use are:
[h=2]Vehicles used just for agriculture, horticulture and forestry[/h] This includes tractors, agricultural engines and light agricultural vehicles used off-road. It also includes ‘limited use’ vehicles used for short journeys (not more than 1.5 kilometres) on the public road between land that’s occupied by the same person.

It would mean that you can't use it to go anywhere else should you find you need to for whatever reason.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts