RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Can anybody see any faults in the data that would cause my 2004 4.4 to misfire but only when up to temperature? It drives fine first thing in the morning but after about 10 or 15 minutes, a misfire develops. I ran a dose of cataclean through the system but it has not helped. Are the reading correct on the o2 sensors? Would that even cause a misfire? I'm thinking about a possible vacuum leak but I'm really clutching at straws and its driving me insane. No other faults recorded on the system. I did have a evap failure code a couple of weeks ago but it has not resurfaced. Could it be this that causes the misfire?

Really appreciate anybody help on this.

Cheers,

Steve

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157691476244021

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hey, I am not sure on the readings.

Is it consistently cylinder 6?

If so, swap the cylinder 6 coil with another one and see if the misfire moves to that cylinder. Then you know its the coil.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I am in agreement with DoubleRL322 and will add the following: I assume your issue is isolated to cylinder 6 - if this is not your case my thoughts would change. Your problem seems to be heat related. First places I would look are coils and spark-plug then maybe an injector and a sensor that measures temperature. The coil is the easiest place to start and you have only one cylinder misfire I would start with it.

Also what is the Code?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both, appreciate the reply's. You have just given me the motivation to swap out the coil with another I had lying around in my office. I will see if the car misfires on the way home tonight but so far it was ticking over just fine. The coil I had in the boot is OEM as opposed the non branded that was installed in cylinder 6.

Fingers crossed!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts