RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Seriously Miami, you painted that in the bathroom?

I guess its better than the dining room table, but I hope you had the exhaust vent on and a window open, 'cause that stuff will make you higher than a Georgia pine.

·
Registered
66 Posts
PJPR01 said:
MIAMIRRS said:
I don't know why...but this picture reminds of the movie Clockwork Orange...so maybe you should paint the stick shift knob VESUVIUS ORANGE!!!
Once you mentioned Clockwork Orange I totally see why - but just to confirm... you refer to the walking stick knob and not to the following...

[attachment=0:9ske8zrc]orange3.jpg[/attachment:9ske8zrc]

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
You guys think I would be painting in my dining room table and bathroom. Lol come on fellas. I paint outside. And the box is to keep the knob upright.

Clearcoat going on.

·
Registered
521 Posts
MIAMIRRS said:
You guys think I would be painting in my dining room table and bathroom. Lol come on fellas. I paint outside. And the box is to keep the knob upright.

Clearcoat going on.
So what color did you end up doing?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

First clearcoat is pretty dry...I like the glazed look. Will need another coat tomorrow to even it all out. Definetly looking like its gonna end up a winner.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
MIAMIRRS said:

Clearcoat going on.
Good to hear. I guess I was just assuming you didn't move it once you painted it, but I see you're just moving it to the bathroom to take the pictures. I guess the lighting is more optimal there.

Its lookin' good so far.

Btw, I guess it should be noted that people undertaking this mod should expect to have their RRS out of commission for a couple of days (unless you have some temporary way to shift the car). On the positive side you won't have to worry about somone stealing it while you're doing this mod. :D

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Ok so I suffered a pretty catastrophic failure with the paint here.... The painters tape pulled the finish off and left a mess. :x I guess I'm gonna have to do this all over again... I'm wondering if I'll need automotive clearcoat to do this job?

I guess try two is comming up...

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Late to the party. To quote a formative figure from my childhood, "Throw it in the gutta, go buy annotha."

Latrine workshop notwithstanding, kudos for attempting a DIY and posting about it.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts