Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering what it is for?
It is located behind the indicator lever by the dash.

Also there is a wire dangling by the fusebox in the engine bay. It runs from the passenger side fender and is
losely pinned at the fusebox . maybe something to do with the airbag suspension?
I am wondering if there is a co-relation between that wire and my '35mph max.' readout in the instrument cluster.
The car is equipped with shocks and springs instead of the airbag. i tried the ecu bypass, but the message is still there.

any ideas?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Ejection Seat. Highly unsafe that it should be unplugged.

But in all actuality, its not factory. Start tracing wires.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,259 Posts
My Jeep has a button just like that, in nearly the exact same spot.
I is an over ride/reset for the Viper alarm/immobilizer system that the PO installed.
maybe someone tried to add an alarm system then (quite rightly) gave up?
I think pulling the panel will tell you more than we can.
Martin

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Your location may help us.
Maybe it's a LPG switch and US guys can't even think about it because there's not LPG cars in USA (correct me if my wrong 8-|= )

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
1997rangie said:
The car is equipped with shocks and springs instead of the airbag. i tried the ecu bypass, but the message is still there.

any ideas?
Buy a EAS Manual module on Ebay.co.uk

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,259 Posts
996TURBO said:
Maybe it's a LPG switch and US guys can't even think about it because there's not LPG cars in USA (correct me if my wrong 8-|= )
Correct as usual, but I am from England where there is LPG, so best of both worlds! :lol:
Seriously though, I think (IIRC) the fuel system switches will be a toggle style switch, and not an interrupt style switch as that particular one looks like.
I ran my EAS amnually for a little while, while rebuilding it all. I used the jumper method as described on Dennis' site to trick the message center while the EAS ECM was unplugged. Cost was next to nothing, just 2 pieces of wire @3"long and some electrical tape to hold them in place :thumb:
Martin

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,669 Posts
996TURBO said:
Oddly enough, one of the bigger automotive LPG manufacturers is Impco in the USA.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Under the passenger seat i found a EAS over ride module from British Atlantic.
maybe it has to do with it?

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
1997rangie said:
Under the passenger seat i found a EAS over ride module from British Atlantic.
maybe it has to do with it?
Nope. The AB EAS ORM is self contained. Seriously, just trace the wires. The button and power source wire pictured are some ******* fix or toy added on by someone with little electrical experience.

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
Really? How much does a Piecost? Can you elaborate on what a Piecost in your area? What flavour of Piecost are you talking about? :lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I also have this annoying '35mph max' on the display and 'ding' going on.
Desn't thought the over ride takes care of that?
Also , I checked all fuses and they are good. someone took out the relay to the EAS,though. Is it necessary to be there?

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
If the AB EAS ORM is installed correctly then you would have no dash message. Since I have not castrated my rig I ahve no experience with the module. I have however used two paper clips to void the message from my warning center on an off road trip. The guidlines to do this are on home page, but the AB module should take care of this. I would contact AB and ask for a bit of help. The folks at AB are terrific folks to work with and are always happy to lend a hand.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I checked the module .It seems to get power.
Was wondering... i got a RH front door open message... it prevents me from locking the doors via FOB
could that issue cause a 35mph max message?
and what is a good way of fixing the door problem?

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
painful... very painful. extracting info from you is painful.

Yes, if you have a failing door latch assembly you are /can be screwed. Look at SEARCH as you r issues have been covered ad naseum

·
Registered
922 Posts
picture not real clear but possibly part of the alarm system (a microphone) to detect sound of breaking glass ... my GM (Commodore) had something similar back in 1993... `)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hoges said:
picture not real clear but possibly part of the alarm system (a microphone) to detect sound of breaking glass ... my GM (Commodore) had something similar back in 1993... `)
It definetely is a button...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
vmystikilv said:
SO i took the panel off and had a little peak.
the button was connected to two wires . When i traced them back i noticed that one was already cut (green wire)
and the other was connected via a screw to the frame. Got that off and this is what the button looks like.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts