RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my vehicle in last week for the first time for a few issues. I had an XF 35t loaner for the day which was nice as loaners go. I requested a Jaguar over an Evoque. They had a 2015 estoril blue SVR CPO vehicle on the lot but unfortunately wouldn't let me take it out for the day `).

-Need for "Field Action" work on O2 sensor and remote key actuator issue
-Need for TSB work on squeaking Brembos and musty air condition smell
-Free inspection and fluid top off offer from dealer
-Software update for front parking sensors always on

The dealer replaced my front brake pads (after 11,500 miles) for the squeak but they are still squeaking so will take back next week. It's actually weird as the squeaking is different now. Like it happens at slower speeds.

The A/C software update creates a lag now where the air won't come out of the vents for about 20-30 seconds after turning the car on, but when it comes out it's not musty any more so I'm happy.

Even though I know it exists from this forum, the dealer told me there's no such software update for the front parking sensors. I didn't press the issue because it's actually not a huge deal to me.

Being the OCD person that I am, I subscribed to Topix for 1 day access to the 2016 RRS section which was $24. I downloaded all of the shop manual and bulletins in PDF form. I will say don't bother with the 1 hour access unless you have something very specific that you are looking for as there's a lot more information available than I had previously thought.

Here's a list of all "Field Actions" at least for the 2016 MY.
If you log into Topix it will tell you which ones your vehicle needs based on VIN. I got a letter from LR for only 1 of the 2 that I needed.

Q508 Touch Screen Reset
-Touch screen may go black for 10 seconds followed by LR logo before returning to normal.

Q514 Oxygen Sensor
-Software update needed for this oxygen sensor issue

Q543 Automatic High Beam Assist Control Menu Not Available
-Vehicles with this option came without the menu activated

Q554 Spare Wheel Lift Assist Strap Missing
-RRS with 21" wheels and full size spare wheel are missing strap to help lift tire out

Q565 Post Catalyst Heated Oxygen Sensor Failure
-Cracks seen in oxygen sensor (I think this is the cause of many CEL before 5000 miles on this forum)

Q584 Remote Function Actuator Not Communicating
-Passive entry/unlock and keyless start are inoperative (also seen on this forum)

For reference here are a few select TSBs that I downloaded, there were more if I recall:

LTB00857NAS2 'Squeal' Noise from Front Brakes during Light Breaking - High Performance Brakes only
LTB00709NAS1 Air conditioning odor after eco start/stop cycle
LTB00482NAS5 SCV8 'Clattering/Knock/Rattle' Noise
LTB00596NAS3 Loss of audio system functionality and/or damp front/rear footwell carpets

Finally here is a list of "Special Service Messages" for all L494 and some L405:
SSM42749 Leather seat warranty claim policy
SSM67377 Visual appearance of front suspension body mounts
SSM67897 Vehicle seat module logs (results in seats not working or battery drain)
SSM70178 Exterior Quarter trim panels cracking
SSM71859 Seat cover replacement and leather smoothing
SSM71940 HVAC odor
SSM71959 LR badge or RR lettering discoloration on hood or trunk
SSM72017 Lower door cladding loose
SSM72088 Squeak noise when pressing brake pedal
SSM72106 Side window not completely opening or closing (this was an issue with 2014s I think)
SSM72290 Squeak/creaks from front doors
SSM72445 Continuous squeal noise from rear Brembo brakes
SSM72456 Powerfold mirror will not fold
SSM72540 2nd row glass will appear "reddish"
SSM72543 Panoramic roof damage
SSM72635 Rear license plate plinth loose
SSM72709 Scoring marks on inner face of brake disc/rotor
SSM72731 Fuel filling difficulties (I have this occasionally but didn't bring it up to the dealer)
SSM72738 Trunk open warning when trunk closed

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Great info, thanks!!

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Counted today it takes exactly 15 seconds for the AC to come on. Again no mustiness.

Going back to dealer next week to look at brakes again. It makes an undulating sound now even for a few seconds after car is stopped so definitely different than before. May go for an Evoque this time I guess.

·
Banned
305 Posts
very useful info for all members. way to go. thank you! BTW- what year is your car?

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a 2016. Took delivery in October 2015.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Evoque
40 Posts
Big deal to me...resolved. See my posts if important to you.

Even though I know it exists from this forum, the dealer told me there's no such software update for the front parking sensors. I didn't press the issue because it's actually not a huge deal to me.

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Bruce. Yes I saw your posts and even referenced the software update number (145 I think it was). Service advisor said he'd never heard of it but would ask the techs and when I picked up the car they said they couldn't do it.

I've gotten used to hitting the button now that it's second nature, much like turning off the eco system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts