RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im not sure if anyone else has ran into this problem. But i currently onnly have one screw holding my lisense plate on and the screw inserts broke free and are spinning freely now . What's the best thing to do in this situation? Is there a way to get them out and put new ones in? Or is this something for a body shop to do. My thought is to JB weld(epoxy) the screw inserts in and than rethread the inserts for new screws?
Again I know super silly question for me to ask but I have been to shops and have asked around about it and haven't gotten any solid awnsers . Haven't found any screw inserts like in the pic online or at local shops either

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts
open the tailgate and lift the plastic strip and undo the 3 screws holding the cover on and have a look . you may be able to hold the clips from the inside and tighten or loosen , maybe use a bigger screw .

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Those rivnuts are something that will have been installed by the supplying dealer when they fitted the plate holder. A UK car just has the rear plate held on with a couple of self tappers.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is no where to get to those lisencse plate screw holders from the back tailgate unfortunately . I'll have to either try and hold them in place while screwing them which I doubt will work they are so worm and loose or as you said use self taping screws. Ill figure soemthing out tonight

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts
just looked at your pic I little closer they look like quick rivet's, did they have screws in them or plastic plugs
Google quick rivets

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I googled quick rivets and found what's called a threaded rivet nut as Richard and yourself mentioned , which looks like what I need with the hand tool to install. I think it's safe to say I know what to do now. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction fellas. I was clueless to what they were called ! Always appreciate it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts