1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
1,418 Posts
Those are beautiful. However it is in the hands of someone who only knows they are expensive and knows nothing about the vehicle. Just read the writeup, someone needs to release this beauty from incompetent hands.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,671 Posts
The owner is a moron and knows very little about Rovers let alone about what he has. Air shocks? :roll:

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
However it is in the hands of someone who only knows they are expensive and knows nothing about the vehicle.
Just like all the soccer moms driving the L322's...

Please someone buy this and fix her up like the beauty she is.

·
Banned
210 Posts
Just called the seller....

The truck was SOLD for $6k to a buyer in New York one month ago.

Wonder if there's any way of telling to who and where it went!?

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just called the seller....

The truck was SOLD for $6k to a buyer in New York one month ago.

Wonder if there's any way of telling to who and where it went!?
I'd bet to some Rover enthusiast like one of us who will love it forever and treat it the way it deserves, and put it back on EAS.

At least that's what I'd like to think.

·
Banned
210 Posts
I'd bet to some Rover enthusiast like one of us who will love it forever and treat it the way it deserves, and put it back on EAS.
Yes, I hope so too!

Would love for it to be somewhere on LI or in NYC and to see it some day!

Seems to have needed extensive, but not beyond crazy body work.

Anyone care to ask the seller the buyer's info? I'm going to pass.

Just don't get how these jewels fall into the wrong hands.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I hope so too!

Would love for it to be somewhere on LI or in NYC and to see it some day!

Seems to have needed extensive, but not beyond crazy body work.

Anyone care to ask the seller the buyer's info? I'm going to pass.

Just don't get how these jewels fall into the wrong hands.
That must be why the pics were so odd...

Really though? HOW did this get into such an idiots hands? If I had that thing I don't think it'd ever leave my garage.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
It all stinks a little of BS to me to be honest.There's no way number one that someone had a Linley and didn't know what they had and number two that they were dumb enough to sell it for only $6k.somethings not right with that scenario.

·
Banned
210 Posts
Really though? HOW did this get into such an idiots hands?
First owner probably filed for bankruptcy and second owner probably bought it for cheap and ran it into the ground, not realizing what it was, and I imagine it's now on it's fourth or fifth owner...

·
Registered
234 Posts
My friend Mark works as head designer for Linley in London and did some work on the design of those Range Rovers originally , and has lusted after one ever since they were launched. More recently he did design work for 10 Bentley Flying Spurs that went to China. http://www.davidlinley.com/news/bentley-links-with-linley Back to that Range Rover I would have bought it like a shot If I had known it was for sale.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,065 Posts
I have to agree with Tom!! I also would have bought it!

·
Banned
79 Posts
Yes. I just took delivery of it last weekend. Its in a sorry state though.
Previous owners had no idea what they were in possession of
Initial quick scan of vehicle shows the following
1. Coils put on it without proper wiring harness and as a result all warning light on
2. Air lines for suspension were not capped
3. Front two seat bases are torn badly
4. Front drivers door was replaced. Inside door trim is still with the vehicle
5. Key Fobs not working
6. Heavy battery drain somewhere
7. Original wheels were removed and replaced with 2004 RR wheels. Thankfully the original spare is there so I can color match it when I get replacement Hurricane wheels
8. Central locking inop.
9. All wiperblades worn to almost nothing
10. Rear windows have full black tint that needs to be removed.
11. Vehicle has had a Yakahoma roof rack installed that look as out of place as set of Texas steer horns on a Corolla
12. Car will have to be fully repainted
13. Fluids are black. No metal shavings
14. All bushings perished..... all of them
15. Rear bumper needs to be replaces. Black tape holding parts of it together. No from damage
It will be a work project but I hope to have it back to like new within a year. Unbelievable why someone would let a vehicle like this go to ruin....

·
LEGACY VENDOR
4,154 Posts
You hit the nail on the head with the "previous owners had no idea what they were in possession of"

Good luck on the restore... pics or it didn't happen though ;)

Yes. I just took delivery of it last weekend. Its in a sorry state though.
Previous owners had no idea what they were in possession of
Initial quick scan of vehicle shows the following
1. Coils put on it without proper wiring harness and as a result all warning light on
2. Air lines for suspension were not capped
3. Front two seat bases are torn badly
4. Front drivers door was replaced. Inside door trim is still with the vehicle
5. Key Fobs not working
6. Heavy battery drain somewhere
7. Original wheels were removed and replaced with 2004 RR wheels. Thankfully the original spare is there so I can color match it when I get replacement Hurricane wheels
8. Central locking inop.
9. All wiperblades worn to almost nothing
10. Rear windows have full black tint that needs to be removed.
11. Vehicle has had a Yakahoma roof rack installed that look as out of place as set of Texas steer horns on a Corolla
12. Car will have to be fully repainted
13. Fluids are black. No metal shavings
14. All bushings perished..... all of them
15. Rear bumper needs to be replaces. Black tape holding parts of it together. No from damage
It will be a work project but I hope to have it back to like new within a year. Unbelievable why someone would let a vehicle like this go to ruin....

·
Registered
127 Posts
2-1-2 years since the thread started. Where has she been all this time? Just sitting?

Dave

·
Banned
79 Posts
IMG_0436.jpg IMG_0437.jpg IMG_0439.jpg IMG_0438.jpg

Here are the photos of it. Wheels that are on it now are from a 2004 Range Rover. Fortunately the spare was original Hurricane that is Shadow Chrome in color.
The underneath is pretty rough. Will need a complete R&R of the suspension and brake system as well as the entire exhaust.
Roof lining has been removed for refurbishment today and Hurricane wheels are on their way. Once they get here I will send them out for refurbishment and paint...

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
50 Replies
28 Participants
RRToadHall
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing