Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Sport with 69K miles and just recently once I drive the vehicle or it runs for over about 30 minutes it goes into limp mode, all the lights on the dash light up, transmission goes into fault, fans stay on, once I turn it off and try to restart it it cranks for a while then fires up but dies immediately and wont stay running, if I leave it alone for a little while it starts right up and runs perfect again for about 30 minutes. I replaced the battery and do not know what else to try. Any ideas would be wonderful. Thanks!!

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
"it goes into limp mode". WHAT goes into limp mode, engine or tranny? "transmission goes into fault"... what kind of fault, is there a message being displayed?

In order for us to assist you we need some actual info. What messages are being displayed? when you replaced the battery did you clean the cables at BOTH ends? Did you ensure connections at the alternator were clean and firm? It definitely sounds like poor voltage but we just don;t have much to go on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The whole car goes into limp mode, my suspension options turn off, check engine light comes on, brake light goes on, transmission goes into fault mode and wont change gears seems like stays in 3rd gear, fans stay on, yes seems like all the connections clean and firm no erosion. Is it very odd that it takes driving around 30 minutes for it to happen and once I turn it off for little while the whole process restarts and it runs perfect with all the lights off for 30 minutes?
Thanks

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
206 Posts
Could be the CPS??

·
Registered
80 Posts
On that note, I will say I made a rookie move and left the MAF unplugged. When I started the rover it went haywire. Look for disconnected items under the hood.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts