RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something very dangerous happened yesterday. I had just driven about 100miles about 70mph. I pulled off the motorway and slowed to about 50mph and suddenly the car lost power, and the car seemed to go into a limp home mode. An engine failure alarm was showing on the dashboard. My wife said that a 'Terrain' warning flashed on the Satnav display and then disappeared immediately and did not see it. Fortunately I managed to drive about 1 mile to where we were staying in this limp mode. As my wife got out of the car she said that the car air suspension seemed to drop. I turned the engine off and restarted and drove perfectly around the block. I have a 300 mile drive home tomorrow and am not happy about this as it could happen again at any time. Any thoughts?
Mick

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the same shut down limp mode nonsense occurred a couple more time before I called into a garage with a computer diagnostic tool. There was nothing recorded in the memory so he deduced that it was more than likely an EGR valve issue. It was common he says. If it is its going to cost about £1000. Great!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts